Monday, June 25, 2012

One Year Ago Today....

...Jonathan Kiril became an official member of our family!!! An Ukrainian judge granted us our petition to make Jonathan our 7th child. What an answer to prayer! The Lord has been so faithful to us. Jonathan has been a blessing to our family in so many ways. Each and everyone of us have grown to love him, and dare I say, he has grown to love us. (He's exhibiting a pretty good dose of separation anxiety when his mama leaves, so that's a good thing from an attachment standpoint!) I have learned a lot about feeding and sensory issues over the past year - things we are still working on overcoming. I have also learned not to underestimate this precious boy.

One year ago, he was not sitting on his own yet. He was very "floppy", and still had some head control problems. Well, this child is floppy no more and took 10 steps yesterday! He will be motoring on his own by his 2nd birthday in a couple weeks. I'll get a video posted soon of him walking. I also never posted the photos from the week I spent in Ukraine by myself bringing Jonathan home. (Ya, I got a little busy when I got home.) I do plan to do those as "One Year Ago" posts the beginning of July. Sarah is also working on one year home video. But for now, here are some recent photos of our beloved "Chubbles", a nickname coined by Sarah. :-)






Oh, that tongue...yesterday he fell and hit his chin on my parents' coffee table (we permanently removed our coffee table when Sarah was 9 months old) and bit into his tongue pretty deeply. He seems fine today, but please pray it doesn't get infected. Ouch! It looks so sore.



2 comments:

Homeschoolin Mama said...

Thank you so much for your post. We are currently adopting two and one of our angels has a very floppy head. We have been worried about it but hearing how far your little guy has come gives us hope and encouragement! God Bless you!!

Rochelle said...

Happy court anniversary! YAHOO! I can't believe he just keeps getting cuter and cuter!