Often adoptive parents are sad their adopted child never celebrated any birthdays in the orphanage - their birthday was just like any other day. I was thrilled last year when Mama Tanya told us they visited Elijah every year on his birthday and brought in treats for the entire grouppa! Yay!!! So not only did Elijah get treats...
but Shea did...
and maybe even Gideon did too! (Gideon was only allowed to participate in grouppa "parties" on a very limited basis though. :-( )
Elijah was/is loved by his bio parents and I'm forever grateful for their willingness to list Elijah for international adoption!
Sarah did a wonderful post about Elijah's birthday too. http://matthew18vs14.blogspot.com/2012/09/happy-birthday-elijah.html She included a lot of pictures from our recent trip to Bay Beach amusement park (that I have not blogged yet...will I ever catch up? Doubtful!) But let me tell you...Elijah is a total thrill seeker! On the Tilt-a-whirl, he had his hands in the air, laughing hysterically. At the end of every ride, I had to peel him out as he kept signing and saying "More! More!" :-)
I hope you enjoy some photos from Elijah's birthday party yesterday.
![]() |
| Anna made and decorated the cake for me! She did a great job! |
![]() |
| He couldn't wait until the end of the song to blow his candles out. How fun the candles were for him! Every time he hears the "Happy Birthday" song, he blows hard then claps "Yay!" Very cute! |
![]() |
| Can you believe it??? I have two five-year olds - well for about 6 weeks anyway! (I also have two two-year olds! :-)) |
![]() |
| Fun monkey card! |
![]() |
| Alphabet toy from Grandma and Grandpa I love Leap Frog toys! |
![]() |
| Elijah was giving us a concert. Rachel insisted on helping... |
Happy Birthday Elijah! We love you so very much and are so blessed to have you in our lives. Thank you for being who you are! You have taught us so much!
(I'll try to post a complete update on Elijah's growth, health, and development after his 5 year check up on Friday.)







3 comments:
Happy birthday Elijah! Oh to Skype with his bio parents what a blessing for all of you!
Glad he enjoyed his toys so much, of course the loudest ones are first on Dariya's target list!
Happy Birthday Elijah!
Happy 5th birthday to Elijah! What a blessing it is to have the connection and communication with his birth parents! Glad you are participating in 31 for 21!
Post a Comment