Saturday, April 20, 2013

BRINGING GRACE HOME: Dossier update

(I'm going to label blog posts relating to Grace's adoption as "BRINGING GRACE HOME" so you can decide if you want to read them or not. :-) Our regular posts will be titled as normal.)

Our paperwork to bring Grace home is moving right along.  We received our final home study this week and sent our I-600A off to Texas. YAY!!!  The rest of our dossier is almost complete. We will receive our state police background check letter this week.  We just need approval from our facilitator on all of the documents "print 'n sign" documents and a few others (once my scanner works again! ugh!) and that will be it - except for that pesky - but oh SO important - "Golden Ticket".

(I'll try and have my blog designer (Sarah) put the page back up on this blog for all of the adoption process abbreviations. But for now, if you are new the process or need a refresher, the I-600A is the application sent to the US gov't (USCIS) to get immigration approval to bring Grace back into the country. The approval comes on a form called I-171H, or affectionately known as the "Golden Ticket". The I-171H is part of the dossier and takes the longest to attain. Once we receive approval, we will be able to send the whole dossier over to Ukraine for immediate submission. After we are submitted, we should receive a travel date about 5 weeks later.)

We have sent our POAs (power of attorney) and Grace's letter of inquiry over to her country. It will be good to have official verification that she is indeed available.

Pulling a dossier together is SOOO much easier the 3rd time around. I can't even believe it. Things that took eight hours the first time and 15 minutes the 2nd time, just took about 5 minutes this time. We've still had minor glitches, but nothing that is not easily fixed.

Please pray for a quick immigration approval so we can get over to Grace as soon as possible. Thanks!

8 comments:

Julie said...

I don't think I have properly congratulated you on starting another adoption journey! I'm very excited for you and can't wait to see your new daughter! Looking forward to seeing updates!!

summer said...

I can't even tell you how excited I am for all of you!!! OH MY!!!!! Love what GOD can do!!!!!!

Michelle Z said...

Yay, glad things are moving right along for you!! And that the paperwork isn't so scary anymore :)

Akarol25 said...

Jill, I guess I was out of the loop. I did not know you were adopting again! That is so GREAT to hear!!! I will be praying for your process and following along!!!

Rochelle said...

So very excited (and a little jealous) of this for you all. We love you guys and are praying fervently that all goes smoothly and you have her home asap! Can't wait to "meet" her!

Mark and Melanie said...

Woohoo!

momto10kids said...

So Happy for you, Jill!!! Cannot wait to see your princess home!!!

Unknown said...

Yea! Go God
looking forward to the arrival of your Golden Ticket!!
praying for you all and Grace!
laurie