Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Sleep Study Update and Round 2 Tonight!

Sorry for the delayed update, but Elijah's sleep study went very well - amazingly well - miraculously well!  Thank you Jesus!  And thank you all for praying! He only fussed a bit while they stuck all the wires on his head.  We put the no-nos (arm boards) on his arms right away so he didn't think he could start yanking off playing with the wires. Just 2 things really bothered him. It wasn't the canula up his nose or even his mesh "hat" holding all the wires.  It was his hospital wristband and the thing on his toe to measure his oxygen levels (I think).  I took his wristband off. I figured it was the least I could do. :) I'm not surprised about his toe either. He HATES, I mean HATES to have his toe nails trimmed. Very sensitive feet. Anyway, as he was falling asleep, I took his no-nos off and he was asleep in 5 minutes. I was shocked!! He did GREAT! He didn't even fuss at the finger poke the next morning. Frankly, I was shocked - that was a good thing!

He set the bar pretty high for his little brother. Jonathan is much, much more sensory "defensive" than his brother. I joked with someone I was going to have to pray and fast for a long time before Jonathan's test for it to go as well.  J's was scheduled for October 4th in Milwaukee, but after being at the New Berlin sleep lab, I wanted to go back there. It was very nice w/ a private bathroom.(Plus it was the night before our DS walk.) So, I rescheduled it for Oct. 30th and put him on the cancellation list.

They called this AM with a cancellation for TONIGHT! So, Jonathan and I are off this afternoon for sleep study #2.  Please pray his nose stays clear. (Both boys have sniffley noses but Jonathan's was fine this morning when he woke up.) Please pray he tolerates this well and can fall asleep. I would keep the no-nos on him but he always always falls asleep with his right two fingers in his mouth. I'm not sure how this is going to work. Prayers I can sleep too would be appreciated. 

Thanks so much everyone! I appreciate you all so much!

(Here's the link I posted last time about sleep studies in case you missed it. http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/986521/sleep-studies-for-children-with-down-syndrome)

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

YAY, praying tonight's goes smoothly as well!

Ruthann said...

Praying for a good night for both of you :)