Jonathan continues to do very well. His top two front teeth have almost worked their way through. But, I'll admit, he's not really all that cranky about it. (Just some extra gnawing on things when he can keep them up to his mouth. The shoulder straps in his high chair are a favorite.) Rachel on the other hand....well, all four of her eye teeth are coming in at the same time. She seems to be pretty much done now (3 out of the 4 are through), but it left us with more than one sleepless night, right before the fair started of course. :-)
Jonathan visited our most wonderful pediatrician the day after his birthday. She couldn't find a single health issue! Praise God!!! (We got a little ointment for a spot on his nose that she thought might be impetigo and also ointment for his eye infections, but his eyes have stayed clear!) All of his blood work came back great. All of his stool samples came back negative! (I'm really a pro at collecting those now...had to do it 3 times with Elijah while dealing with morning sickness...this time was easy! :-) And I bet you are all thrilled I shared that, right?) Elijah was positive for h.pylori so I'm very glad to not have to deal with that again. The doc listened to his heart and didn't hear anything, so that was encouraging too. He will see the pediatric cardiologist on Friday. I'm believing for great news at that appointment too.
Oh, also on the medical front, J weighed in at 20# 12 oz and measured 30 1/4"!!! This put him at 20% for weight and 65% for height - on the "typical" child charts!!! His OFF the top of the chart for height on the Ds chart and above 75% for weight! YAY!!!!! He's a big boy! I've never had a child near the top of any chart. :-) I know, I know...it's not a competition or anything, but considering he weighs only about 3 pounds less than Elijah did when we brought him home (and they are almost 3 years apart) and that Rachel is barely on the bottom of the chart for weight, it makes this mama's heart glad we don't have to think about how to "fatten him up". :-) I do think he has gotten a little longer though since we got home, just from the way his clothes are fitting. He'll go in for a follow-up appt in a couple weeks.
His siblings continue to adore him and the older girls are still
Personally, I'm a bit overwhelmed with everything, but I was reminded more than once today that I need to continue to look UP to my God and my Lord. Jesus has not and will not leave me...it is I who have allowed our relationship to become "distant". God is WAAAY bigger than my perceived "issues". As Pastor Dan said today, we need to "Keep the Right Focus". Amen and amen!!! (This post gave me some much needed perspective too!!!)
Ok, onto some picture fun!
![]() |
| This is Elijah picking up candy during our town's annual parade. :-) He got the hang of it very quickly! |
![]() |
| Isaac, Rebekah and Anna were in the parade too. Thanks Ben for asking them! They had a blast! |
![]() |
| Our newest American citizen at his very first parade sporting his "Team USA" shirt. :-) |
![]() |
| Yep, total cuteness! |











4 comments:
Thanks for the update!!! Looks like you guys are doing great.
Oh girl you know I am checking everyday for an update too. I have been meaning to email and check in on you but by the time I remember to do it I am away from the computer chasing toddlers around LOL.
Thankful all is going smoothly. WOWIE you aren't kidding about J being a big guy! Love all the kids and their fair projects, super cool!
Hooray!!! I read it all and thank you so much....I know posting is probably not something you have much time for but I love getting the news "in a Nutshell". There never seems to be enough time at church to catch up...so proud of the kids with their Fair Projects. Just love you all!!!!
Your kids are very talented! I always check your blog to read the updates too
Post a Comment