Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Elijah and Rachel Milestones too...

They have each hit a new milestone. It seems the older a child gets, the less dramatic they are. But they are still just as important!

Just yesterday, Elijah walked (not crawled) up the stairs! He was hanging onto the railing, but in the past, he always needed someone to hold his other hand for balance. Not now! He has had orthotics in his shoes for about a month now and they have REALLY helped his balance. Walking up stairs, marching during therapy as well as some other body movements he needed help with before and walking in general...his feet are more properly aligned now. Yes, it was on my list since last May to get them for him, but May and the rest of summer became a complete blur. :-) Good news is that Jonathan already has his orthotics. I just have to find some shoes for him. The earlier, the better. Live and learn. It helped immensely to have a "traveling PT" come to the house to do the casting and fitting for the orthotics. LOVE that!

And Rachel...well, she is becoming increasingly independent each day (if that is possible) but she now uses the big potty most of the time!  YAY!!! I'm so proud of her! I guess that's one of the reasons my blogging has been sparse since Christmas. She is soooo grown up now that she refuses to even use the potty seat on the big toilet..."Big girl" she says and pushes it aside. Independence is a good thing, right? :-)

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

YAY for Rachel and being a big girl! WOO HOO for Elijah walking up the stairs that is big.

Eleven and Heaven said...

Just to watch our children grow is amazing and to be able to smile through it all is a blessing! Good job Elijah and Rachel!

Julie said...

Yay for all the progress being made at your house! The boys are making super progress. I don't know what kind of orthotics they have but I had good luck with payless shoes over Suresteps, and also nikes. They run small but seem to fit a wider foot. I tell myself that some day we'll have kids that use the potty too but it's hard to believe today.