Saturday, November 3, 2012

Signing "Signing"

Unless you have a child that loves Signing Time (ST), this makes no sense to you.  But, as you saw yesterday from Sarah's post here, Jonathan is now enthralled with watching Baby ST. This is NEW!  I'm so happy.  No, not because it is a free babysitter. I'm happy because I'm hoping it will help him start signing, and much more importantly, communicating, 

So, today, he walked up to the tv and signed "signing" by rolling his hands around in a circle. YAY! Go Jonathan!  Now, granted, I'm not looking forward to when he asks for ST all.day.long like his big brother, but hey, at least he will be expressing his desires, right? ST was/is a HUGE help for Elijah to communicate with us and I'm hoping it will help Jonathan too. Jonathan is now signing "milk" more regularly now too. :-)

No comments: