Happy 15th Birthday, Sarah! How did my first baby get so old all of a sudden? Guess that makes me pretty old. But Pat and I are SO very proud of Sarah and love her very, very much. She is a pretty special young lady.
Sarah is a very hard person to buy gifts for. She is NOT your typical teen and really doesn't "want" anything that I can buy her. (Her birthday list included being healed from Lyme disease and a family for "Jacob" - if I remember right.)
(Bunny trail here.) This is Jacob. (No, they don't make bumpo seats bigger in Asia. When Jonathan came home at the age of 12 months, he was TOO BIG for a bumpo seat. He got stuck in it. Jacob is 3. He needs out. Like yesterday.)

Ok, so I can't heal her (although I pray everyday for that) and I can't bring Jacob home (no, I really can't), but I will share her birthday wish with you. Stolen Borrowed right from her blog:
++++++ Sarah's birthday wish ++++++
I put out a plea on facebook today.
It's my birthday today, and can I ask you a favor? This is Sutter. Like me, he is also turning 15 this year, he has cerebral palsy, and he is waiting for a family in EE.
I was at his orphanage, I was at the institution he will end up at (when he ages out next year), and no person should ever have to live in either of those places. I'm also pretty sure I met him. He needs out ASAP before he runs out of time!
Would you be willing to donate just $15 to his grant? As a present to me, and as an effort to save his life.
And if you donate today, let me know and I'll enter you in a drawing to win a free custom hat of your choice (see here). Email me at forhisgloryhandiwork(at)gmail(dot)com or comment here.
+++++++++++++++++++++
Thank you so much for your consideration! (Sarah will leave the drawing open through Monday since I'm so late in blogging this.)
I am WAAAY behind on blogging our family events of the past few months. ALL 10 of us have our birthdays between April and October, so lots of parties and not much time to blog about it.
Here are a few quick pics from Sarah's little party tonight. Sarah's traditional cake for her birthday is "Dirt Cake". Except we forgot to get more Oreos when we ran to town to get the fair projects. Oops! It still tasted great though.
![]() |
| 30 candles 15 for Sarah 15 for Sutter |
![]() |
| Yarn is always a safe gift for Sarah. These colors were handpicked by her two little sisters. |
Pat and Isaac were extremely privileged to go to the Packer pre-season game Friday night. Isaac's jersey (birthday gift a couple years ago) was still out so Elijah put it on himself and was dancing around.
![]() |
| Yes, we were watching "Star of Christmas" in August... |
![]() |
| Isaac's hair before the Packer game on Friday night. Summer buzz cut! |










1 comment:
What a beautiful family you have, and such a special daughter! I just donated for Sutter...I wish we could bring him HERE!
Post a Comment