Friday, August 9, 2013

BRINGING GRACE HOME: Well, we have news...

Sorry it's been so long since we've updated.  Well, we have news.  Unfortunately, it is bad news. We found out a few days ago our dossier had been rejected due to a tiny date error. I may have mentioned a hundred times once or twice how picky the adoption authority is over in Ukraine. So, I spent the day in Madison yesterday getting the new documents apostilled. The documents are already in Paris as of 12:30 this afternoon on their way to Ukraine via FedEx. I think it may have helped a bit sending them from Madison instead of here, but I'm not sure. They should be there in time for my facilitator to get them notarized and submitted on Thursday, the 15th. (Yes, Rochelle, I know UPS would have them there in plenty of time. :-))

So, what does this all mean??? This is the very hard part.  Once our dossier is resubmitted, we go back in line with everyone else that was submitted that day.  Right now, submission to travel time is almost 3 months. (Families submitted same day as us in June got dates for 2nd week in Sept.)  The thought of Grace having to wait 3 more months is something I can't even think about. She has waited SOO long. I feel so bad for her. My heart is breaking. After we got the news, all day I felt like someone had punched me in the gut. Plus, if you do the quick math, 3 months puts us at mid-November. Add a possible 6 week process. Ya...I swore I would never do Christmas in Ukraine again, but I may not have a choice. For those of you that are newer here, I spent the whole month of December in Ukraine to bring Elijah home. We knew from the beginning that it most likely happen and we were prepared (or I thought I was). It was very, very difficult. BUT, having said all that, we, as a family, will do whatever it takes to get her home.  We can always celebrate Christmas when the Ukrainians do on January 7th. :-)

I know none of this is a surprise to the Lord. I am finding peace in this, as difficult as it is. We would appreciate prayers for quick approval of our dossier this time and a speedy travel date.  Also, please pray for smooth "travels" for our documents and smooth submission on the 15th.   (Ugh...when we started this process, "I" was hoping for court on August 15th. sigh...it would have been my grandma's 100th birthday.)

I have to go cut/freeze some beans, but if I get time in the next few days, I'll share a bit more about my day in Madison yesterday with some tips for families coming behind us.  Some interesting things too...never a dull moment around WI's capitol.

I'll leave you with the verse the Lord gave me shortly after we got the news. (Couldn't help but smile about the word "submit" in the verse.)

Proverbs 3:5-6:
Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths 
straight.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jill
Oh I SO understand! I SO get it!
I will be waiting in prayer with you! It looks like October/November for us too with out a miracle.... But like you said....this is not a surprise to the Lord and we will rest in that!
peace and hugs!
laurie

Ruthann said...

((Hugs, Jill)) I will be praying for a speedy process to be in God's plans!

rachellee said...

Jill, so sorry other about the delay. How frustrating, Praying for speed. But remember (and I know you know this already) that no matter when it is or how long it takes, it will make for some wonderful (or at least wonderfully interesting) memories, and it will be so so worth it in the end.

Michelle Z said...

Ohhh no! Just seeing this now. So sorry for the delay :( Will pray for expedience for your new submission!