But, first, I have some sad news. I found out a few days ago that Eddie (Elijah's former grouppa-mate) was transferred to the "home for the invalids" at some point earlier this month. :-( I'm not sure when. I just know he was still there in Dec. 27th and now he's no longer at the baby house. Please pray for him and his sweet heart as he tries to adjust to his new home. Please pray that his family steps forward VERY SOON!!!!
Secondly, we all need to be storming Heaven right now as the Burmans will be meeting with the director of the institution (where Eddie is at) while we sleep tonight. Please pray for God's Light and Love to break through the spiritual darkness surrounding this place. GOD CAN DO THIS!!!!! GOD WILL DO THIS!!!!! PLEASE PRAY!!!!!
I've reposted what Stephanie posted on her blog yesterday. This meeting is not just about Tori/Reagan, it's also about giving Masha, Eddie and any other child that is transferred out of Elijah's former orphanage a much needed chance for a family. This is of utmost importance.
From Stephanie:
Here is the official word: Masha WILL be transferred to the mental institution. It will likely happen next week.
Oh, my heart.
I have failed her. She's the one.
She is the one child for whom I was bent on finding a home. I was certain that someone would be touched by our story and be inspired to rescue her.
Like Theo was rescued.

There is still a chance for Masha.
And Tori is the key.

Tori, soon to be renamed Reagan, was transferred about a year and a half ago to the same institution that Masha will soon call home.
This coming Monday morning in Eastern Europe there will be a meeting. A very important meeting. An American couple wishes to adopt Tori and has received her referral. They will show up at Tori's institution and meet with the director.
Now, I have heard conflicting reports about this director. Some say the director is difficult and some say the director is agreeable. Some say the director is opposed to adoptions. This director has the power to say "yes" or "no."
We must pray for this director. For a soft heart, for a willing spirit. For Tori is the key. If she can be rescued then there is still a chance...
for Masha,
and Eddie,

who both have grants that could cover their WHOLE adoption! And the countless others who have been and will be sent to this place.
So please pray now. Let us storm heaven for the sake of the inmates (yes, this is what they are called) of Tori's institution.
If you wish to pray during the actual meeting, set your alarms...Monday morning. Early. 1 a.m. - 3 a.m. Central Time, USA, I'm guessing.
Orphans are easier to ignore before you know their names. They are easier to ignore before you see their faces. It is easier to pretend they're not real before you hold them in your arms. But once you do, everything changes. ~David Platt, Radical
No comments:
Post a Comment