Thursday, July 7, 2011

Today's Embassy/consulate's visit went well

Well, Vanya decided to hang out with me for a bit longer before he leaves on the train to his next city. :-) So, while he works, I can use his computer for a bit!

Today at the US Consulate's office, I got all of my forms and documents submitted and ready to go.  I had to remind them that I needed to pay the second I-600 fee of $720 though. :-) He didn't mention it but I told him we had already used one approval on our I-171H and since the boys weren't biological siblings, I owed them another $720. It was the right thing to do. They would have caught it tomorrow and it may have delayed things, so it was best to just take care of it now.

The medical exam went MUCH quicker this time. It helped we didn't have to wait for 2 hours for the doctor to get out of a "meeting" like last time. It was still a joke, still costs $110, but hey...I gotta do what I gotta do to get out of here. :-)

So, tomorrow, I go back to the consulate's office at 2pm for the final visa processing. I know it will be a HUGE relief when I finally get it.  Then, the driver will pick me up at 2:45AM - yes you read that right - for our journey home. Please continue to pray all goes well, esp for J's ears on the plane.

Remember, Sat at 4pm at the Appleton airport - Lord willing. Hope to see you there! :-)

5 comments:

Matt and Tammy said...

So glad you made it home before they closed down :) Give that little one hugs and kisses from the Prestons.

Nathanael's mommy (Tammy)

Juli said...

Oh I wish we could be there but we have family in town tomorrow....maybe I can kick them out a little early :) Safe travels!!

The Happy Half Dozen said...

Want any Ohare visitors or do you have a super quick layover?

Mel said...

I wanna go to the airport!! :( Praying that you have smooth flights, and things go FAST so you can be HOME!!! YAY!!

Mark and Melanie said...

Praying for safe, peaceful travels for you. Wish we had been able to meet up, but glad things are going smoothly for you and that you are on your way home!