Well, I do plan to post photos of my whirlwind trip, but for now, here are some AWESOME photos that
Ashley took at the airport of our homecoming. (It really rocks to have a professional photographer as a dear friend!!!)
As you may remember, Elijah, Debbie and I didn't have the big "homecoming" experience. Our flight from O'Hare to Appleton was cancelled, so we arrived home at 12:30AM under the cover of darkness early on December 31st. I was very disappointed, and felt like I didn't have any "closure" from one part of the journey to the next. So, that's why I put an open invitation out for anyone to come if they wanted to. I was completely overwhelmed by all of the love and support we received!!! I'm so humbled and yet so very grateful!!! I can't say thank you enough. :-)
 |
| Isaac and Rebekah waiting patiently |
 |
| Anna, Rebekah, Isaac, Sarah and her friend, Rachel watching for the plane |
 |
| Rachel and Grandma (my mom) |
 |
Ben holding Elijah with my plane in the background
I felt so bad I didn't even look out the plane window to see the signs and everyone waiting. I was too concerned about getting Jonathan strapped into the Ergo and getting off the plane. But maybe it was best I didn't look so I wasn't a total blubbering mess walking out. :-) |
 |
| Elijah and Daddy |
 |
| Waving to the kids as Rachel started running towards me and was stopped by the security guard as she entered the "secured area". :-) |
 |
| Rebekah checking Jonathan out up close and personal |
 |
| Yes, baby, we made it home! You are now an American citizen! |
 |
He had is own very special "parade"!!!
I saw this shirt and just couldn't resist getting it for him. :-) |
 |
Family of NINE!!!
Ya, I still can't wrap my head around that one, but thanks to Sarah for suggesting we get this photo instead of waiting until who knows when to have one taken. |
 |
The whole group!!! WOW!!! It was a blast!
L to R: Ashley (gave up her camera for one photo), Rachel and Rebekah G, Mrs. S, Auntie Debbie, Ben, Jake, Mr. S, Grandma Marilyn, Michelle Z, Pat with his gaggle of kids, Sarah w/ Elijah, Me w/ Rachel, Cathy (who has adopted 2 blessings from Liberia), Papa and Pastor Dan (who performed TWO weddings already that day!). Whew!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYONE WHO CAME! :-) |
 |
| In his Daddy's arms! |
GOD IS GOOD!!!
7 comments:
Wow - Amazing!!!!! Such a Wonderful Wonderful Homecoming!!!!! So Well Deserved!!!! I LOVE the family picture Jill - everyone is looking forward! We have yet to pull that off!!! And the picture of Jonathan "in his Daddy's arms" - so precious!!!!
Welcome home, Sister! I can't wait to meet your newest baby!
Have tears in my eyes just seeing all the awesome homecoming pictures and imagining that will be us tomorrow night. AHHH!
What a great family photo! Congrats on the family of 9 (maybe you should go back and make it an even number though LOL)
Beautiful pictures, Jill! Beautiful family!
ah, this is FANTASTIC! What I've wanted to see since you guys started again. Doesn't it feel like just yesterday you were doing this? ;) congratulations on officially completing the 9 person Birshbach clan! Let me know if you guys want me to do a little slideshow for you to save you some work ;)
Praise God! Seeing your baby in person...well it makes it so much more real. Thank you Lord for bringing so many of us together and for bringing our babies home.
Congratulations on your newest little cutie! Love your family photo with all NINE of you!!!
Post a Comment