Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Day of a Few Firsts

Just a quick note about some of the fun "firsts" we experienced today!


Rebekah lost her FIRST TOOTH today!!! How fun! Go Rebekah! You are getting so grown up!

Jonathan sitting up in his crib for the FIRST time!

Now, I have to explain this. Because J spent the first year of his life laying down w/ zero stimulation, he has not been able to transition from lying on his tummy to sitting...until Sunday night. I put him on his knees and hands, and he pushed and pushed until he could sit up! Way to go Jonathan! He even did his new trick for the PT on Monday AM. But today...my little man can get from flat on his tummy to sitting up - and quickly too! YAY!!! He's getting so much stronger.
So...nap this AM. He thought it was fun to sit up and NOT sleep. :-) Thankfully, he can go back down to his tummy when he wants too. He'll sleep when he's tired enough I guess...just about time to lower the mattress before he surprises me by pulling up and standing. Now, that will be a celebration!

This is a good example though of celebrating all of those little milestones that my chromosomally enhanced boys reach. I don't remember even noticing when my other kids reached this milestone. They will reach those milestones, just takes them a bit longer. :-)

And our 3rd FIRST for the day was going grocery shopping....with ALL SEVEN CHILDREN!!  Yes, this was the FIRST time since Jonathan has been home with all of them. I don't think I ever went with all 6 after Elijah came home either. I must say, having a daughter old enough to babysit ROCKS!  But anyway, today was just a quick stop at the small store here in our small town. The kids did GREAT!!!! We had 2 carts and E & J were both sitting up front. Rachel sat in the big part of one of the carts and away we went. We were going to count comments (much like we count comments about the stroller), but we didn't get any. Imagine that! Sarah said we got lots of looks though and people doing the little "head nodding" thing.  The "head nodding" is when people are silently how many kids there are. LOL Love it! (To be honest I do the same thing when I see a big family. Love big families! :-))

Speaking of which, here's a photo from Monday just for fun....Ok, do the head nodding thing and see if there is anyone missing!
Look how nice and big and straight Jonathan is sitting. He's come SO far in  4 1/2 months. Hard to believe he still had head control issues in June when we met him. 

2 comments:

Jaclyn M said...

I love all of the firsts!! It is so amazing watching you littlest ones make such great strides.

I also remember when my oldest lost her first tooth... They just love getting "grown up" teeth :) Tell her she is such a big girl now :)

I noticed someone missing right away :) No counting needed. I love your family. I can just tell what an amazing mom you are <3

Rochelle said...

Yep, one short! Lovely firsts for everyone. Happy Thanksgiving!