One of the precious little ones has just come home from this orphanage. Little Katie weighed less than 11 pounds and is 29" inches long. Now given that my children were about 7 1/2 pounds and 20" long when they were born, you will realize that Katie is long and very thin (by baby standards). What you wouldn't know by looking at those stats is that she is NINE YEARS OLD. Yes, she is the same age as my 4th grader, Anna. I was looking at the photos on her blog and just started weeping. I was holding Elijah at the same time and just keep thinking that could have been him...
Folks, Carrington, Katie, Kelten and Teagan are not the only ones in this state of just existing (they are not even in the same country)...locked away from society. Why??? Just because they have Down syndrome. That's it. This is why these children, Teagan and Kelten need to get home ASAP. This is why it is SO important to support adoptive families with your prayers AND your financial gifts. Please don't let money stand in the way of Teagan and Kelten coming home to their mommy and daddy and a whole lot of siblings that are going to love them to pieces. :-)
Oh, that reminds me of another thing I wanted to say about large families adopting (again). But I guess I'll save that for another day. It's one of those posts I've had swirling in my head since we got home with Jonathan. Sometime soon I hope I can get that post out of my head and onto the screen.
Please pray for the Burmans to pass through USCIS and to have all of the funds they need to travel to get their boys.
Teagan Chance Kelten Drake

4 years old 12 years old
1 comment:
Thanks for posting this, I put it out on FB too.
Post a Comment