Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11

Happy Veteran's Day! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of you have served this country and have sacrificed so much to protect our precious freedoms!!! We are SO blessed to live in this country!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I love the date today! I'm going to schedule this post to autopost at 11:11pm tonight. We'll see if it works! :-)
I'm not being superstitious. It's just fun to write and say.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Today, we had our readoption hearing for Jonathan at the county courthouse. (The post about Elijah's readoption is HERE.) It really is just a formality so we can get a "Certificate of Birth Facts" from the State of WI, the equivalent to a regular birth certificate for a child born here. He will need this if ever wants to apply for a passport, plus it covers us in case his original Ukrainian birth certificate is ever lost. Anyway, the only thing the judge asked us today was if we had any questions and if we wanted a picture. LOL Sarah and I both forgot our cameras, so we used Pat's phone. If we figure out how to get the photo off there (and if Isaac will stop playing Angry Birds on it), I'll post it here.

So, Jonathan's readoption hearing was on 11-11-11. Elijah's fundraising benefit was on 10-10-10. I wonder what 12-12-12 will bring us in the adoption world. Hee hee...I wonder if our mothers are still upright after reading that...I'm totally joking though!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GUESS WHAT?!?!  Carter is OUT of the orphanage FOREVER!!!! Praise God!!!!!  Hop on over to Jake and Ashley's blog at http://homeiswhereitsat.blogspot.com. Can't wait to meet that boy! Hopefully on Tuesday! Please pray for them as they finish up the visa processing and for a safe flight home!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lots of crazy busy appointments coming up. Earlier this week, I brought Jonathan in for an eye check up. Pretty amazing what they can tell with a non-verbal kid. His eyes are fine. Praise God! She just wants to see him every year to see how he's doing. Elijah gets his eyes checked in a week or so. Both boys have hearing tests this next week too. Yes, I should have brought E in a long time ago, but I didn't have any concerns. Well, if they audiologist could fix "selective listening", that would be a concern I'd bring up. :-)

I've always had mild concerns about Jonathan's hearing. I just never knew if it was hearing thing or a cognitive thing or a ??? (no idea) thing. But last week, I had Sarah come up behind him and bang two metal pan lids together - 12" from his head while he was drinking his bottle. He.did.not.flinch. Hmmm....Then she gave one big BANG. He only batted his eye lids. But yet, when he is laying in his crib with his back away from the door, I can come in and say his name a couple of times and he will turn to me. Hmmm....So, we shall see what the audiologist says. But you know what? If he has hearing loss, we will still love him all the more. If he has an auditory processing problem, we will still love him all the more. If he has nothing wrong and just has a high tolerance to loud noises, we will still love him all the more. :-)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The cutest thing...Rachel is now walking around the house singing this song. It is way too cute. We'll have to try to get a video of it.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just all over the place tonight with this post, so I'd better stop. We are all doing well. I'll try to post some more pictures soon! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

Ashley Gibson said...

12-12-12!! Who knows?! :) And I've often wondered how they check the vision of a nonverbal child...I guess they have their ways. Isn't there a pill or something they can give for that 'selective' hearing?! I know a few people that might benefit!! :)

Jaclyn M said...

I am still thinking about that 12-12-12 thing :)

Hoping and praying for positive news from all of your appointments.

Rochelle said...

I bet tubes will be in J's future. Our girls hear SO much better without all that fluid behind their eardrums. Congrats on the readoption! We hadn't considered it? Hmm guess we ought to.