What do you say to a pastor and a church family that has welcomed our family with open arms?
What do you say to a pastor and a board of trustees that conceived the idea for Elijah's benefit and a committee that made it happen in less than 5 weeks?
What do you say to a church family, family, friends and others in the community that have shown Elijah and our family "Crazy Love" and COMPLETELY overwhelmed us with their generosity???
THANK YOU does not seem adequate to express the extreme amount of gratitude we feel for everyone that made the benefit last Sunday a HUGE success and to everyone that donated towards bringing Elijah home. Not to mention the extreme amount of gratitude we feel for our Heavenly Father for making this happen, for moving hearts to give and for providing the financial means to bring Elijah home.
Today in church we heard the news of the money raised so far (as checks are still coming in). (I asked Pastor Dan yesterday to tell me, but he has a fair amount of "stinker-ness" in him and made me wait until this morning. And yes, he knows I said that about him. :-)) We are overwhelmed, we are humbled, we are blown away. Are you ready? Are you sure??? The total so far is over.....drum roll please.....
$17,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRAISE THE LORD!!!!!!
Can you believe that!?!?!? Nope. I can't either. Like I said, we are overwhelmed, humbled and blown away.
So, what does this mean? It means that we are FULLY FUNDED TO BRING ELIJAH HOME!!! PRAISE GOD!!! It means that once we get "the Beast" in the mail over to EE on Tuesday - Lord willing - we can focus on preparing our hearts, minds, and our home to bring Elijah home. You know, things like learning Russian, doing as much school as we can before we leave, reading adoption and Down syndrome books, spending lots of time with our kids, making a whole bunch of meals to freeze, making lists and more lists so my parents can find what they need here...stuff like that. :-)
Like I said, "thank you" just seems so inadequate, but I don't know what else to say.
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HAS DONATED TO HELP BRING ELIJAH HOME!!! WE LOVE YOU ALL!!!
It says in my blog description above, "We pray you will see God glorified throughout this whole journey." All glory for this does belong to the Lord, not to our pastor, church family, friends or community. It belongs to HIM!
Rev. 5:13 - "And then I heard every creature in heaven and on earth and under the earth and in the sea. They sang:
“Blessing and honor and glory and power
belong to the one sitting on the throne
and to the Lamb forever and ever.” "
AMEN!!!
5 comments:
Jill! Ohmygosh! That is AMAZING!! What a wonderful church family you have!! Congratulations!!
What an unbelievable gift!
Wow! Just Wow! God is good! Elijah is so blessed!
Jill,
I was so disappointed that I could not be at church yesterday to witness the amount being unveiled. I am so happy for you all!!!! God is awesome and I agree that we have a wonderful, caring church family!
YIPPEEE!!! Sweet Elijah, HERE WE COME!!
YIPPEE JESUS, as another blogger says....God is Faithful....used to live in your town and I am so happy to be reading about you in bloggyville and over 800 miles away.....
Keep writing and post pictures.....
Love ya,
Sandy in NC
Post a Comment