...about myself and my ability to function with my "mommy brain". If Rachel is 11 1/2 months old, is that too old to blame it on post-partum hormones??? Yep, I thought so too. Anyway, yesterday I sent all of our dossier (30 documents!) to Mad-town to get apostilled at the Secretary of State's office. I've mentioned before that they charge $10/document. Do you suppose they would want the check for $300 BEFORE they start processing the documents? Yep, I suppose so. Last night, I realized I forgot to include the check for processing fees!!! Ugh!!!! So, I called this morning and she said she would set it aside and wait for the check. I sent it out via priority today. Hopefully, we will only lose a day or two of time and we should be okay. I also asked her if they have a "process while you wait" service. (When we get our "Golden Ticket", I was going to drive it down to get apostilled and then send the whole dossier over to EE!) But, they don't do that. She said I could take a chance and bring it in, but it all depends on how many they get in the mail that day. We'll see how it all works out. I sent Pat's employer letter to Indianapolis to get apostilled since his company is in Indiana. That was free. Maybe that's what got me goofed up...ya, that's it. :-)
In the saga to get our "Golden Ticket", I called again today and left a message with my USCIS officer at the suggestion of my most wonderful state-side paperwork helper, Nancy. My officer returns calls between 1pm and 2pm only and if she doesn't call back, that means there is no status change. I would LOVE to hear from her tomorrow afternoon! Wouldn't that be a fun way to start the weekend!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment