and no, I don't mean my husband either!!! :-) Pat left for Indiana before supper with the "beast", a.k.a. our dossier paperwork, in hand. Well, actually it was in an envelope and double bagged in case a soda exploded in the car or something. LOL
And we have a new employment verification letter!!! Praise God!!! Of course, as usual, the process has to have some drama to it to keep me on my toes (or I should say, on my knees). After leaving a message with Pat's boss's secretary before 8AM, I finally called the "operator" on the general number at about 11AM after not hearing anything. Come to find out, both his boss AND his secretary are out of the office - all week! (Deep breathing...stay calm...) But a HUGE kudos to Melissa who came through for us. She typed the new letter (I sent her the scanned copy of the first one), had the one boss that was there (thankfully, Pat's company has 3 owners - only one was in the office today) take it to a notary at a bank, and the notary's name verified on the Indiana Sec of State website. Melissa emailed me the scanned copy of the new letter, I forwarded it to my most wonderful state side paperwork helper, Nancy, and she ok'ed it almost immediately! Nancy rocks! Melissa rocks! Praise the Lord!!! (Exhaling now...whew...) I think we should be good to go now - Lord willing.
Pat will pick up the letter in the morning bright and early from his place of employment and then head down to Indiana Secretary of State's office. I posted a question on the RR yahoo board about how Indiana was about apostilling documents while you wait. A nice lady responded that she was there the day before and had 5 done while she waited. Yay for the Hoosiers! So, please pray all goes well with that. A FedEx location is right in the same building as the Sec of State, so Pat won't have to go out of his way to send it off to EE.
I can't believe it is so close! It's still all so surreal to me...like this is someone else's blog, someone else's story. There is still a chance we could be submitted to the SDA (State Dept of Adoptions) in Elijah's country in early November! Then we wait 2-3 weeks to receive our travel date, which could be 2-4 weeks out from that (or more). It's all up in the air. The Lord's timing is perfect. I will rest in that. Dear sweet, Elijah, your mommy and daddy are coming soon!
2 comments:
Yay! For what it's worth, out appt. Date is about 40 days after we were submitted. Submission was sept 16, sda is Oct 25. Not as fast as we'd hoped but God's timing is perfect.
Thanks Janee! That is very helpful. We would love to get over there asap too. I was going to say maybe our paths will cross in Kiev as you are leaving and we're coming in, but I hope you are long home before we get there - for your sake. :-)
Post a Comment