Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Safely in the arms of Jesus

Today we found out that another little girl from an orphanage in EE is now in the arms of Jesus. Sweet Anne Marie...

Anne Marie blowing kisses
I'm heartbroken. Her death is a needless one.  So many advocated for her. So many loved her. (Please see this blog for a tribute to Anne Marie by someone who met her this summer.) So many prayed for her. She needed a family to call her own...to hold her and love her and give her the medical care she needed. This is the real deal folks. I know it's easy to look away. I've done the same thing. But everyone can do something. They can pray! Please pray for all of these children to find loving families. Pray that those families are willing to take the leap of faith to adopt a child with special needs. Ask the Lord if this is something YOU are to do! Pray for the Lord to provide the finances for those that take the leap. If you are able, please pray about making a tax deductible donation to one of the waiting children on Reece's Rainbow. It is very encouraging to prospective adoptive families to see a large grant for a child they wish to adopt.

I pray that Anne Marie's death was not in vain. I pray that the Lord will use it for good. RR has a program called Christmas Angel Tree Project. As an extension of this project, people can sign up to be Christmas Warriors. I just signed up to be a Christmas Warrior for a waiting child. As a Christmas Warrior, it is my honor to advocate for this child and help raise funds for him/her. The goal is $1000 for each child.  I wasn't going to do that this year, because...well...you know...we are fundraising for Elijah too.  But, you know what? It's not about me. It's about these kids needing their forever families! Anne Marie's passing made me rethink my decision to be a Christmas Warrior.  I'm praying more people will step up in memory of Anne Marie. 

Remembering those angels that have gone on before us...




No comments: