Thursday, October 14, 2010

Happy 5th Birthday, Tori!



Tori, just one year ago, your life was flipped upside down. You were torn away from all that you knew. You were placed in a place very different and scary place. I'm so sorry. Tori, may this be the last birthday you spend separated from the love of a family. I'm praying, praying, praying for your family to step forward very, very soon. I pray you will come to know how much Jesus loves you. I pray that you will feel Jesus' warmth around you now as the weather turns colder. I pray that your meals may be filling. I pray that you are healthy. I pray that someone will come and rescue you before it is too late. Hang on, sweet angel, your mama and papa will be coming soon, I pray.

In honor of Tori's birthday, I've added her "chip-in" to the top of my blog. If you remember, I posted about Tori here. My friend, Stephanie, is having a give-away of an iPod for everyone that contributes to Tori's ransom fund - no matter how large or small. Yes, I believe it is a ransom.

As I said, Tori has been transferred to an institution or a "home for invalids".  I hope to be able to visit her institution while we are in country and lay eyes on her. What is it like inside there?  Honestly, I don't want to think about it. But how can I not? Just the other day, someone posted a link about a mission group doing work inside one of these institutions in a country in EE (not necessarily Tori's country, but I'll bet they are all pretty similar).

http://www.worldnextdoor.org/2009/04/romaniv-boys-orphanage/

Then someone posted this in response to the article:

We adopted our son Micah from this mental institution in March of 09. This article was written Just weeks after we were home and I must say it is a very accurate account of the things we saw. Our experience at Romaniv has forever changed us and I must say has been part of what has spurred us on in bringing more kids home!

Tori and so many others need their ransom raised to get them out! Please pray her ransom is raised. Please pray that her family steps up, faces their fears and rescues her from living and dying in alone in horrific circumstances. Please pray about how you can help financially. Thank you!!!

No comments: