We had our post-placement report visit on March 24th. After we got the report from our most awesome SW, we filed it and a bunch of other papers at the county courthouse and secured a hearing date with a judge. It ended up the end of last week on Isaac's 7th birthday. What could be better than officially getting a brother on your birthday? Star Wars Legos I suppose. :-)
![]() |
| All of us with the judge after our court hearing, which was really just a formality. Very easy! |
After the court hearing, our paperwork was submitted to Madison. We were told it could be 6-8 weeks before the certificate came in the mail. Well, we got it on Wednesday! Only one week! Simply amazing. That means we are completely done with Elijah's adoption paperwork. Woo hoo!!! You should have seen the papers flying in early April w/ taxes, Elijah's readoption paperwork, homestudy update paperwork, and dossier prep! Papers everywhere! Now, we are in that waiting part again. I'll have to have Sarah put the "While I'm Waiting" song back on my blog playlist. LOL

No comments:
Post a Comment