Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cloth Diaper Drive!

I have decided to follow in the footsteps of my good friend, Debbie who adopted from Jonathan's orphanage last December, and collect cloth diapers to donate to the children left behind in Jonathan's orphanage.  So, if you have any gently used cloth diapers you would like to donate to the orphanage, please email me at contentmentathome@gmail.com and I'll send you my address. But we need to move quickly! We leave in ONE WEEK!!!  Yikes! (I'm only mildly freaking out...we'll see how I'm doing in 4 days! Ha!)

Here's the photo that inspired me to do this:


Yes, there is our son in all of his glory! But, look at what he is sitting on.  Breaks my heart. Blankets as diapers. :-(

(I cannot wait to squeeze those thighs though!!!)
  Pat and I will happily carry over any diapers anyone sends us, but I have heard that the "fancier" diapers (all-in-ones or any that has more than one piece they would have to match up) are not as easy for the nannies to use, so the simpler the better. I'm thinking pre-folds might be the best option, and maybe rubber pants?  To be honest, I'm not sure.

Thanks so much for your help to make the lives of orphans just a little bit better!!!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Hi Jill!! I posted about this on FB and linked your blog. I also added your RR button to my blog.

Thinking about you guys!