Friday, May 20, 2011

Rummaging for two good causes!

If you are local, I have some great rummage sales for you to check out today and tomorrow!

First, my new friend, Juli, is having a rummage sale and bake sale to benefit her family's international adoption of a child with Down syndrome! (I still need to do a post introducing her and another very special family.  So many posts to do, so little time!) Her blog is here: http://addingbranchestoourtree.blogspot.com/  Looks like they have a lot of wonderful baked goods too! Please stop by and encourage her. If you can, please make a donation to help them bring their son home. Thanks so much! (She lives in the subdivision behind the swimming pool.) Her sale runs from 8-4 today and Saturday. Tell her I sent you. :-)

And secondly, what our faithful homeschooling group members and I have been pouring our time into the last 2 weeks, is our "Jesus Style Rummage Sale".  Everything is FREE!!! Yep, nothing priced. Take it all for free! :-) The gift of salvation Jesus gives us, we do not have to buy. He gives freely. So, we want to take this opportunity to bless others who may find themselves in need right now.  It really is such a hoot to watch people's faces as we tell them everything is free. :-)  If people are feeling led, they may contribute financially to our home school group. We use the money to run our group throughout the year. And you know what? God is faithful and has incredibly blessed us each and every time.  (You would NOT believe the amount of stuff we have.)

The sale is at our house today from 9am-4pm and Sat from 9am-1pm. Please share this info with someone who might need a little extra help right now. Or just come by, say hi and help yourself. :-) I'd love to see you!

1 comment:

Juli said...

Jill thanks so much for sending people our way!! We had an awesome day yesterday. Today we have our training(hopefully when we get back all the rest of the stuff is gone...lol) and then by Monday our homestudy to review.....I finally feel like we are getting somewhere ;)