Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mothers out there! I especially want to wish my own mother a very happy Mother's Day as well. I'm so grateful to her (and my dad) for the sacrifices they made to raise me, and most recently, to watch my children as we brought Elijah home. Thanks Mom! We couldn't have done it without you! I love you!

We had a nice, low-key day here. (I'll try to post pics later, as I still have last Sunday's photos to post...sigh...this blogging thing is hard to keep up with!) The Lord has TRULY blessed me with 6 beautiful children here with me, a few in Heaven, and one waiting in EE for us! I LOVE being a mother! There are good days and bad days of course. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. I believe it is one of the Lord's highest callings!

Today, though, my heart is heavy for Elijah's birth mother. They don't celebrate Mother's Day in EE in the same form as we do. I believe they have "Woman's Day" or something in March. Anyway, I think about her and her loss of the sweet beautiful boy that is now living in our home as our son. I am SOOO grateful to her for giving him life. I am SOOO grateful to her and Elijah's father for allowing him to be adopted internationally. They could have said no. They could have chosen to just continue to visit him in the orphanage so they could see him in "real life". Now, they see him via Skype only. Most likely, she will never see him face-to-face or hold him again. I can't begin to imagine her pain and grief, but yet, her joy, knowing her son is able to grow-up in a loving family (crazy as it is) and learn and grow and reach his full God-given potential.  I just can't imagine...

Finally, please click on this link http://babynumber10.blogspot.com/2011/05/mothers-day-messagefrom-our-hearts-to.html for a beautiful Mother's Day tribute to moms of extra-special kids. Enjoy!!!

No comments: