(Ok, the beginnings of this post were saved as a draft since 1/1/11...good grief. I'm sorry this has taken so long, Liz!)

This is Shea. Shea is in Elijah's former "grouppa". I got to see him 2x/day for 3 weeks. I posted about him here when I was in EE. I can not even begin to tell you what a little honey he is. I just can not. His profile on RR is rather "scary". Here's what it says:
Boy, Born October 17, 2006
What a handsome boy!! Shea only became cleared for adoption very recently, so we are so hopeful he will find a family quickly. He is facing the institution very soon because of his age.
From his medical records: primary hydrocephaly, shunt dependent (has one in now), disorder of function of pelvic organs, paralytic clubfoot of both feet, spina bifida, mielomeningoradikulotsele. Very good and smart boy. He can speak very well, he can only sit, he is in plaster cast so he cannot stand and walk.
Shea will remain bedridden the rest of his life once he is transferred.
(I had to smile about some of this. Even though, he does/did have knee-high plaster casts on his legs, I saw him stand next to the couch where I was sitting more than once, and one time, I even saw him pushing a walker as he walked behind it!)
But all those scary terms didn't scare away his soon-to-be momma. See, God had it planned all along. His new momma is a physical therapist! Isn't God good??? I know she can't wait to get her PT hands on him. :-)
The Kulp family will be Shea's new family!!! Click here to visit their blog. Another thing that makes their family so special is that Liz and Dan have already adopted 2 special children from China. In fact, their son, Simon, was one of the first children adopted out of China. Now, there are lots of children w/ Ds on RR. Awesome!
God has a sense of humor too. :-) Liz found out she was pregnant just a few days after they committed to bring Shea home. Hee hee. This is their first biological child. "Belly baby" as she calls him/her. I love it! She is due about the same time I was due with Noah, so I can't wait to see photos of Shea holding "belly baby".
The Kulps' SDA appt is on May 24th. I know they would appreciate you visiting their blog and encouraging them with a few comments during their travels. It gets lonely over there. Please pray for them and Shea as he meets his new family. Also, please pray for a quick court date for them after they accept Shea's referral.
I'll leave you with a couple videos of Shea (in the red hooded sweatshirt) so you can see how mobile he is and how full of joy and life he is! The first one is during a "party" that I had for the grouppa and brought in the tent and balls they are playing with.
This one was the same evening (Christmas Eve). You can see Shea bouncing around, lovin' the bubbles. You can hear him too. He's the only one in the grouppa that's verbal. And, verbal he is. He's a little jabber box. I wish I could have understood what he was saying. Whenever I would be walking through the city streets and hear a little one talking, I would think of him.
![]() |
| A little boy that joined the grouppa after we passed court, Elijah, and Shea with his huge smile. |
Your life is about to change so much. It may be scary to you, but don't worry, your mommy and daddy love you so much and will keep you safe. I can't wait to see you in your mommy's arms. I wanted so badly to take you home with me, but of course, I couldn't. After I met you, I told the RR family about how special you were and your momma heard my call and answered my pleas for your momma to step forward. I am SO happy! "Auntie Debbie" and I cried many tears over you. It broke our hearts as you would call out to her to be your mama. But soon, very soon, it will be your turn to call out mama and she will be able to pick you up and love on you and hold you always.
I know this is the family God has ordained for you all along. You will be loved by your parents and by your two (soon to be 3) siblings. God is good. It is my prayer that you will someday call Him your Lord and Savior too.
I love you, sweet boy!
Signed,
Alyosha's mama

1 comment:
Jill that letter was so sweet....I wasn't ready to have tears on the first entry I read this morning :) I can't wait to see pictures of him home!
Post a Comment