Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Post I Never Wanted To Write

I have debated on whether or not to even post this, but since I posted this about our news, I knew I had to do this post. I must say, this might be one downfall to blogging (the need to share very personal things in such a public forum but I guess that was my choice in the first place), but I know this will bring God glory in the midst of our pain. Remember the name of my blog? "My God is Lord" and He sits on the throne. To Him be the Glory! He has a plan. So, here we go...

Noah James was born into the arms of Jesus on Saturday, March 26, 2010 at 4:37pm at just 17 weeks gestation. He weighed 44 grams and was 12 cm long. He will be incredibly missed by his parents, Pat and Jill, and his six siblings - Sarah, Anna, Isaac, Rebekah, Elijah, and Rachel - and other family and friends that had already grown to love him and were excited to meet him. We all look forward to the day in Heaven that we will be able to see him again. For now, our hearts grieve for our loss, but we take great peace in the fact that he is now resting in Jesus' arms. I thank the Lord for the incredible gift I had of carrying him for almost 4 months.

I know I speak for our whole family when I humbly ask for your prayers during this difficult time for our family. Please pray for God's comfort and peace to continue to surround us, and understanding for the children. We've already had some good discussions, so that has been a blessing. Also, please pray for our family as we continue to seek the Lord's will for our family - whatever that may entail.

I've posted the lyrics and a video to a song that has ministered to me more than once over the past few years, and then again in the van after we got the news. If you don't take the time to watch the video (but I hope you do - it is beautiful), please at least read the lyrics if you are not familiar with the song. I have bolded the lyrics that especially speak to me at this time. (Be sure to scroll down and turn off the playlist on my blog.)

Ok, when I went to preview this on my blog, another one of my favorite songs was playing. I added a video for that song at the very end...."Praise You in This Storm" by Casting Crowns. I thought that was appropriate for this post too. Thanks for praying.

Blessed Be Your Name by Matt Redman

Blessed be Your name
In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say:

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's all as it should be
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say:
Lord, blessed be Your name



18 comments:

The Monier Family said...

I am so very sorry for your loss.

-Jenny Monier

Rachel said...

I am so sorry for your loss. Noah James is a beautiful name for a precious boy! Praying for you and your family!

Rachel
adventuresinthephilippines.blogspot.com

Mel said...

Oh Jill... please know that I am praying for you and your family, for peace and comfort, and understanding that only God can give. I'm so sorry for your loss. Rest in peace in Jesus' arms sweet little Noah until your Momma can hold you. Hugs & prayers to you my friend!

Mark and Melanie said...

Jill and Pat
So sorry for your loss! May God hold you in His arms just as He is holding little Noah James!

Michelle Z said...

Jill, I'm so sorry for your loss of Noah.

You're in our thoughts, my friend.

The McEacherns said...

I'm so sorry that you didn't get to have more time with Noah. That same song really ministered to me after my mom passed away, too. Peace and blessings to you and your family.

Julia said...

Praying. I truly am sorry.

Lisa (DanielsMommy) said...

I am so very sorry for your loss. Our prayers are with you and your entire family.

Unknown said...

I am so terribly sorry for your loss. I know it is truly devastating. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

andrea said...

Jill, I am so sorry. Praying for God's comfort to surround your whole family.

annie said...

So very sorry to hear about this. I just listened (and sang very loudly) to that Casting Crowns song this morning on my way to work. Such a great reminder. Praying for peace for your family.

Juli said...

Oh Jill I am so sorry for your loss. Your entire family is in our prayers. Please know that it takes time but it will get easier. It will never go away and there will be good and bad days. Just knowing that our little ones are already in the most amazing place with greater love then we could ever give them and knowing that we WILL see them again and hold them got us through it. <<>>>

Julie said...

Jill, I'm so sorry. I was so looking forward to meeting him. I'll keep your family in your prayers. Sending you a hug.

Nan and Dan said...

oh honey!!! I am SO SO sorry for all of you!!! I can not even imagine how hard it is to go through this. prayers for you!! hugs!!

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew said...

Jill, I'm so very sorry for yours and your family's loss. Noah James is such a beautiful name. That song and God's grace carried me through some rough times. Let him carry you through as well. Prayers...

Ruthann said...

Jill, I am sorry for your loss. We will be praying for your whole family; may you find comfort in the Lord.

junglemama said...

I am sorry. May God blanket you in peace and comfort.

Briana said...

I am so sorry. I'm praying.