Thursday, March 24, 2011

WDSD Party!

On Monday (which was World Down Syndrome Day) night, we had a party at W*ld Air (an inflatable air thing jumpy place...) with our local DS group. We all had a really fun time, and I got to meet Aleksey's family for the first time. :) The Zoromski's (who first introduced us to RR through their adoption of Lilya) were also there, and she posted about the party here. My mom will be posting more about WDSD day when she gets a chance but for now you get to enjoy pictures and videos (if the internet cooperates, these are shorter than the last ones..)!


"Mama, look at me!"



It took Rachel awhile before she wasn't scared anymore, but then she had a blast!


"Weeeee!"
Silly video won't load into Blogger so lets try Youtube! Only 15 minutes for a 6 second clip - pretty good for our internet....grrr! See why I needed help last time I did this? (Just to make me feel better, he told me it would take him less than a minute on his computer!) Ok, I got one to work! But, it's still sideways... I think I should hire someone to do all this kinda computer stuff for me. Elijah and his Papa going down the slide!




This one is taking 20 minutes, must mean it's a little longer. There we go! This one is sideways to, and its through netting, but oh well. Rachel going down the slide by herself! (If you can't tell, the thing we are in is quite small; adults are allowed, but not really meant to be in there (it was in the little kid part of Wild A*r). So instead of taking Rachel up and going down with her, I "dump" her at the top, let her go down and catch her (which I didn't do a very good job of in this clip).) :)




First family picture with Elijah home! :)
 Thanks to our local DSAW chapter for hosting this free event for it's families!!!

2 comments:

summer said...

Such a Beautiful Family - Wow!!!! I can NOT wait to see #7!!!!!!!

Michelle Z said...

I'm so glad you were all able to be there! AND that I finally got to meet Elijah -- what a little DOLL, with such personality!

See you tomorrow!