+++++++++++++++++++++
The most urgent (because it ends tomorrow - Sat at 11am CST) is the Mulligan Stew giveaway. Julia has pulled together an amazing giveaway that helps SO many different families and orphans. Please go check it out HERE. Two very special girls - Laurel and Harmony - are VERY, VERY close to "aging out" and becoming "unadoptable" due to their age. They are both turning 16 this year. Please pray their forever family finds them soon!
++++++++++++++++++++
The giveaway nearest and dearest to my heart is THIS ONE. This giveaway is for LYLA. Now, let me tell you, Lyla's story is like none other. You may remember my dear sweet friend, Summer, whom I met in region when we were adopting Elijah and they were bringing home their sweet Belle. Well, I could try to explain it here, but the whole story is better told HERE and HERE. I know it is a long read, but please read it (and get a tissue :-)). The bottom line is that the Spitz family needs financial help to rescue their princess. Please pray about how you can help them (and possibly win some pretty awesome prizes too)!
++++++++++++++++++++
This online auction is to benefit families with children suffering from mitochondrial diseases. I have been following Noah's fight for his life for several years now. Some of you may have noticed the "Praying for Noah" button on my sidebar. His mom shares about his life and prayer requests HERE. I cannot begin to imagine how much this family has gone through, but I know they love their little boy very, very much.
Here is a little bit about Noah, his family and the foundation that was established in his honor.
From Kate Estes:
Noah is our five year old son and he has been battling a
mitochondrial disease his entire life. In spite of fighting as hard as anyone
ever could, Noah is reaching the end of his days here on earth.
Mitochondrial
diseases have very little awareness and therefore there is little funding or
support for families whose children are fighting this monster.
In
spite of his suffering, Noah wants to help other children who are sick with
mitochondrial diseases. In his honor, we've established Noah's Hands of
Hope, Inc. Please visit us at www.noahshandsofhope.org to
see what we do to help catastrophically ill children and their families.
Noah's Hands of Hope is a non-profit corporation. We're working toward 501c3 status, and while we don't have it yet, we're hoping to be approved by late summer.
We have a 7 member board of directors that oversees all of the activity of Noah's Hands of Hope.
Noah's Hands of Hope is a non-profit corporation. We're working toward 501c3 status, and while we don't have it yet, we're hoping to be approved by late summer.
We have a 7 member board of directors that oversees all of the activity of Noah's Hands of Hope.
The online auction ends on April 1st, so please head on over and bid on a few items. (There are some really cute name badge holders, some great homeschooling items, and TONS of other stuff too!)
++++++++++++++++++++
Ok, it is way past my 10pm computer curfew (for Lent), but I really needed to get this post done. I have lots more opportunities to share of how you can help, especially those "in country". I also still plan to go back and update you on "life" around here, but it may very well be after Easter. My crew doesn't leave me much blogging time during the day...but you know what, I wouldn't have it any other way! :-) Plus, we are gearing up for some very special visitors the weekend after Easter. Can't wait to share about that too!
2 comments:
Thank you FRIEND!!!!! So very Much!!!!!
Like Summer said, Thank you so much for blogging about our giveaway for Lyla!!!
Post a Comment