Sunday, June 2, 2013

Lyme Disease

Changing pace here for a bit.  Yes, Lyme disease. One of the running "jokes" among adopting families is "You know you are adopting when...." and fill in the blank.  Well, Sarah getting diagnosed with Lyme disease would be right at the top of the list!  She was diagnosed literally w/in day or two of our commitment to Grace.  Yes, this even tops the two spots of skin cancer Pat had removed shortly after we committed to Jonathan. But as always, we KNOW who wins and we KNOW who is going to when this battle. The Lord Jesus Christ!

Sarah has done an awesome job blogging about her Lyme disease journey so far. Sadly, it's not over yet. I beg you to pray for complete healing for her. She just started her second round of three-month treatment. (How in the world she managed to pass two CLEP tests while battling this, I have NO idea. She's amazing!)

I also encourage you to read her posts. Lyme disease can mimic SO many other diseases.  Get educated. Be careful and seek treatment immediately.

Here is a list of Sarah's posts: (if you only have time for one, please read the last one)

A New Special Need

My Lyme Story

What is Lyme Disease: Basics and the Bite

What is Lyme: Later Stage and Treatment

What is Lyme: The Controversy

The other night, Sarah had me watch a documentary called Under Our Skin and I can't tell you how much I learned.

Here's the trailer.


2 comments:

Katie said...

My niece suffers from Chronic Lyme. Awful. Look on FB for FightForAnnaAndLaura

Rochelle said...

Praying for her complete healing. I know Lyme disease is a battle.