Tuesday, June 4, 2013

For all you local folks - Adoption Benefit Saturday night!

We are very humbled that once again our awesome church fellowship is sponsoring an adoption benefit for us to help bring Grace home. When we first started the adoption process, Pastor Dan asked us about having another benefit. (Our church family held an unbelievable benefit for us for Elijah's adoption.) We were hesitant at first.  They have already done so much for us. Plus (me of little faith), I honestly didn't think we would get much support this time around. The first adoption is pretty cool (and kinda crazy), but the third??? VERY crazy!!! Well, all I can say that was a lie from the pit of hell. Anyway, I "requested" a SIMPLE benefit.  You know, just like a spaghetti dinner and a bucket for donations. Simple, right?  Well, I was ousted from the planning :-), and it is now far from "simple".  Packer prints valued at almost $1000, Packer tickets, t-shirts for sale, themed basket raffles, a motorcycle ride preceding the benefit...OH MY...and oh ya...spaghetti too. It sounds like lots of fun! We are incredibly, incredibly blessed. I just don't know what to say but thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Details below.  We'd be honored if you can join us. If you are local, I hope to see you there!


Promo Video:  Dare you to watch this with a straight face!  It's Carter's Daddy...ummm...Drew Carey...ummm... it's the "famous" Tony Calzoni who made time out of his (and his wife's) busy schedule to make this fun promo video for our adoption benefit Saturday night! Thanks Tony!






2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Love the video, so wish we could be there to celebrate and help you bring Grace home. Praying it is a HUGE event and all the money you need is raised.

Ashley Gibson said...

Drew Carey!! That's funny - with the glasses on, I totally see it!!!

So excited for Saturday night! I even got a SITTER! Which is not easy, considering everyone will be AT the benefit! Ha!