Yesterday was a full, busy day! The highlight of the day was sending off our I-600A application to the USCIS in Texas! Yahoo!!! The home study is complete! PLEASE PRAY for a very QUICK approval. Please pray for the "right" orphan petition officer to receive our file - one that will work quickly and has a "heart". (Unfortunately, approval times seemed to be based on which officer receives the application.) Please pray that once we get our fingerprint appointments that we will be able to go in early w/o any hassles. (We need biometric fingerprinting done in Milwaukee before we are approved.) I've been saying all along that we need a miracle to get this approval in time. Miracles are exactly what God is in the business of doing. We are believing for this miracle! :-)
Let's see...what else? We went to the county sheriff's dept to get our black ink fingerprints done for our state background checks. I'll hopefully get that sent off today. Pat and I both went in together since he was off yesterday in between working shifts. We had all the kids with us of course. I went back first and had a nice chat with the detective about EE and homeschooling and this and that as he was rolling my fingers around on the ink. Then Pat went back. No problems. Please pray for a quick turn around on this one too.
And then finally, since Pat and I were in the same vehicle at the same time during banking hours, we stopped at the bank with our pack of blue pens to get some "easy" dossier documents notarized. We had about 12 of them done. (I think there is about 35-40 total.) These documents are "self generated" - sheets that get attached to copies of our passports, etc. I still need my state-side paperwork helper to check them, but they should be fine. Most of the kids handled all this running around pretty well. Suckers at the bank always help too!
We are moving right along. Praise the Lord! Hang on, Elijah. Mommy and Daddy will be there as soon as we can...
2 comments:
We mailed our app in on Jan 14 & got our approval letter on March 19. It's totally doable for you to be sending your dossier in October, especially if you expedite your prints...
YAY!! Congrats!!
Hey Jill I wanted to let you know don't waste your time or your gas driving any paper work to Madison... Fred and I did and even if we paid the $35 to expedite it still would have taken them 24hrs to get done. Wisconsin is really good with the turn around if you mail something in its back within five days! Don't pay to expedite will come back quickly!
Post a Comment