As we work to conquer "The Beast" (the dossier), one of the somewhat bigger pieces to get done are the medical forms. Pat and I both had to visit a MD for an exam and lots of tests. Our EE country asks that tests are performed for such things as HIV, TB, syphilis, alcohol/drug abuse, and mental illness. Fun stuff...Anyway, the exams and the blood tests were the easy part. Have I mentioned yet that our EE country is picky...VERY picky on how the paperwork, especially the notary signature and seal is supposed to look? Well, they are! :-) I may mention it again once or twice.
Yesterday, I picked up the medical forms from our doctor's office and my most wonderful state-side RR helper okay'ed them! Yippeee!!! I will have to say though that it took 3-4 tries, but we got it right.
The Lord has continued to bless us immensely through the beginning of this process. One of the ways was to lead us to this new doctor's office. (Our regular doctor is a D.O., not a M.D.) And guess what?!? This wonderful doctor's nurse is our pastor's wife! How fun is that!?! (It dawned on me after I found her doc on the website. I'm a little slow sometimes...) Debbie went above and beyond to get these forms done for us - over and over - until they were right. Thanks so much, Debbie! You're the best! She and her husband have been so supportive of us and this adoption since the beginning, and have been faithful prayer warriors for us too. We are truly blessed!
1 comment:
That was a stressful piece of "the beast" for me, too - so happy for you that it's DONE! :)
Post a Comment