*********************************************
250
This is my 250th post on this blog! I can't believe it. Who would have ever thought I would have had that much to say in just over a year. I guess two trips to Ukraine will help that total along. :-) And a big thank you to my eldest daughter, Sarah. Without her taking photos and videos, and then taking time to post them, you probably wouldn't see much of the boys on here.
*********************************************
Making Progress
Both of the boys are making a lot of progress developmentally.
Elijah started OT/Speech therapy again at the elementary school on Thursday. It was like he never took a 3 month break. He did great and picked up right where he left off. The therapists were impressed with his speech improvements over the summer, as I am too. A couple weeks ago he started saying the word "no". You all know that we hear this about 300x a day now. And he means it when he says it. Have I mentioned that the 3rd 21st chromosome is a stubbornness gene??? :-) But to be fair, he is really starting to listen and obey better. He is still testing the boundaries, but ALL of my kids do that.
Elijah continues to develop with his signing as well. He has sound approximations for most of his 30+(?) signs and will often hear a word in conversation and do the sign for it. Very smart little boy he is! We are starting on colors now. Rachel is learning the signs and colors too. Her speech is further along than Elijah's, but he is further along in his signing.
Jonathan continues to
Last week, while sitting on my lap or the floor in front of me, J started turning towards me with his hands raised to be picked up. That's a big step for him! Also, I think he "attaching" as well! Last week, he looked at one of the girl's friend and started crying b/c he didn't recognize her face. LOL And now, he won't let Pat give him a bottle or feed him. Pat doesn't think that is progress, but since Sarah or I have feed him most of the time, it does seem like normal attachment progression. I'm trying to tell Pat not to take it personally. It makes his daddy's heart sad though. :-(
Jonathan will finally start his Birth-to-3 therapy services the week of the 19th. I never dreamed it would take this long to get through the paperwork, but it is what it is. The speech therapist will be helping me expand his feeding "preferences" with a final goal of self-feeding soft table foods. That seems light years away right now, but we'll get there. He'll also be getting PT (physical therapy) to help strengthen his weak legs.
Oh, I forgot to post about J's one-month check-up. He grew about 1/4" and gained 12 ounces following right up the growth chart! Yay!
Elijah's 4 yr check-up will be the week of the 19th, so I'm excited to see how much he has grown. According to our bathroom scale, I think he's gained about 10# in the last 8 months! Amazing!!!
I'm so impressed with the progress the boys are making! GOD IS GOOD!
******************************************
Dumb comments
Today was Isaac's first flag football game. He LOVES it and Pat helps coach. He did great! :-) I was pushing our triple stroller w/ the "3 Littles" in it (still have to post photos of it) and some referee on his way to the soccer tournament in the next field over felt the need to make a comment to me. Something to the effect of, "Guess what Mom!!! Surprise, surprise!!! That's quite a load!" He was implying that it was an "accident" we had this many little ones. In a very non-appropriate way, I muttered something under my breath, "If you only knew..." I was ticked. I saw him again and almost told him how offensive I thought his comments were, but I refrained...which leads me to my next random thought....
*****************************************
Standing in Silence
After the game today, I attended the second half of a women's retreat hosted by our church. The speaker was AWESOME! I had heard speak a few times before and was not disappointed today either. "A Call to Surrender" was the topic. The Lord spoke to me in many, many ways in a few short hours, but one of the things I'll share here is about "Standing in Silence". She was talking about how Mary, the mother of Jesus, was surely ridiculed when others found out she was pregnant and not married - a sin punishable by stoning to death by Jewish law at that time. Most likely she was ridiculed her whole life. The Bible does not record one instance of her "lashing back" at her accusers. Not a one. The speaker related that to our lives in different ways by giving examples. One example that stood out to me was doing something in the Lord's will that no seems understand. Hmmm....I could relate to that one! (We have had LOTS of support with our adoptions, esp w/ Elijah's, so people DO understand, but definitely not everyone, including some family.) But to see me with my 7 children out and about (which frankly isn't often), people feel the need to voice their
Stand in silence like Mary did. Ooooooo...that's a hard one! Lord, please help me to face my accusers and ridiculers by letting them see your love shine through me and extending them grace as Mary did. Amen.
*****************************************
For Ashley...
Ashley
But why do I think she is "foolish" for volunteering to try and get 9 people to look at the camera at the same time and smile?
Here was my little practice session...
![]() |
| "Elijah, my what stretchy ears you have!" :-) |
![]() |
| Not too bad.... |
![]() |
| Going downhill... |
![]() |
| "Rachel, stop grabbing Mon-nan's arms." Yes, Rachel calls Jonthan "Mon-nan". Cute!!! |
![]() |
| Great smile Jonathan! |
![]() |
| Oh well, we tried... |
***********************************************
On that note, thank you if you made it down this far. God bless you!!!






4 comments:
oh the boys are getting so big and man they are just the cutest!!! Oh and don't worry about the photo shoot....sometimes those silly ones are the best and that is what photoshop is for, right?!??....lol. Can't wait to see the pictures.
Hey, that wasn't me who Jonathan looked at and started crying, was it?? No I think it might have been Rebekah :) He actually smiled at me once! :)
Oh how hard it is to stand in silence. I probably should have been sitting in that conference with you (maybe you can send me the cliff notes).
Your family is blessed and I am sure you are tired and frazzled at moments because I know I am with just 3! I think I am a spectacle just getting out with my "twins" LOL
You are amazing and your family is amazing and I say if God leads you to 20 kids then by all means follow his call and don't worry what the bystanders might say.
Well...it looks like we can count on Jonathan to cooperate!!! We'll just pray like crazy for the rest :)
Post a Comment