Friday, September 9, 2011

Come WALK with us!

The 2nd Annual Down Syndrome Awareness Walk will be held in Neenah on Saturday, Oct 1st!  

We attended last year on Ruby and Lilya's team, but this year, we have our OWN team named the "Birschbach Bunch"!  (I couldn't think of anything catchy using Elijah and Jonathan's name, so if you think of anything, let me know for next year!) We would love to have you join our team and spend the day with us! 

You can register online -- registration is $5 per person and you get a t-shirt.  New this year -- you can prepay for lunch online, too ($2.00 per person). (Well worth it in my opinion!)  I hope you'll join us!!


For more about the walk and the events that day, read HERE - Rachel Coleman of Signing Time will be returning, we'll have a lot of other entertainment (bouncy houses, clowns, petting zoo, craft table & more!) Last year, the kids really had no idea who Rachel Coleman was. But since we've watched the "Baby Signing Times" DVDs at least 1000x in the past 8 1/2 months, I think they'll have a pretty good idea this time. :-) Elijah and Rachel will be SOOO excited!

And for all of you "Holy Landers" reading, Tim Ditter from Jericho will be the Walk Ambassador!


If you'd like to donate to our team, you can do so here:  DONATIONS (or through the Firstgiving button in the upper left corner).  

All funds raised stay in our local community. The DSAW-Fox Cities is a very active group and does much to educate and advocate for our special kids. The group provides a new parent pack to families in the hospital who have just had a child with Ds, scholarships for kids to participate in sporting events/team, and much, much more! One fun thing they sponsored last year was a family night at Wild Air in celebration of World Down Syndrome Day.

I hope you'll join us!  We had such a wonderful (if cold) day last year, celebrating those in our community with that little something extra :)


From last year at the first annual walk...

Lilya and Ruby in their wagon during the walk. This was the first time we met Lil, so that was fun after watching her journey home from Ukraine.

Michelle Z and I at the RR table at the walk. For those of you familiar with the "T21 Traveling Afghan" project, the founder (and most awesome crocheter) of the project is in our local group! We shared a table with her. :-)

4 comments:

Michelle Z said...

See you there! Hoping for warmer weather this year!!

Rochelle said...

Sounds like fun, hope you guys have a great time. We love Rachel! She was here last spring for our Easter thing with our DSG super fun.

Kristina said...

Jill--
I would really like to send you an email!
Could you maybe share your email address?

Thanks & God bless

Jenna said...

Hi
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. I hope you all have a great time at the buddy. Your boys are inspirational hero's. I was born with a rare life threatening disease and developmental delays. I love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com