Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Beast is Done...almost...

We are officially DONE with our dossier a.k.a. "The Beast"!  YAY! Well, almost done.  We are still waiting on the elusive I-171H immigration approval (our Golden Ticket). But on Friday, we got our last 2 "easy" documents redone, notarized, and approved. So, our official status is "Dossier Complete - Awaiting USCIS Approval". The documents still need to be apostilled at the state level, but we will wait on that until we know when about we will be getting our Golden Ticket.

Back here in this post about completing our home study paperwork, I made this comment it: "But as I worked through it little by little, it wasn't bad at all. I'm hoping I can say that for the dossier paperwork when I'm done." (Man, that seems like ages ago!) The dossier list was overwhelming, and it was a lot of work, but again, when I worked through it bit by bit, it was manageable and not as horribly difficult as I thought it might be. The Lord granted us much favor in compiling it as I've posted about...no cranky, uncooperative local gov't officials, no uncooperative employees in our doctor's office, etc that so many others have had problems with. It was all just the opposite of that. Everyone has been so willing to help and to get the paperwork correct. The Lord has truly blessed us through these people we worked with locally

Now...to the best of my knowledge, we have not been assigned an officer at USCIS. I will call again tomorrow and check of course. Please pray that we are assigned SOON and to someone that has a heart for special needs children and is willing to help us get Elijah ASAP. Thank you!

No comments: