Monday, September 20, 2010
Please Pray Now...
As I posted last week, the gov't in Elijah's country is taking a vote on whether or not to stop international adoptions. This vote is happening this Tuesday - tomorrow. Well, actually it will be while we are sleeping tonight. Please pray now and before going to bed tonight that this proposal doesn't even get up for a vote, and if it does, that is defeated mightily! Not only would it be devastating for our family and Elijah, it would be devastating for all the other RR families in process and ALL of the 125,000+ orphans in this country that would lose the love of a family and a chance at a life outside of institutional walls. These orphans are the ones that will lose out. I can't fathom the thought of it...
Labels:
Prayer request
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Did you know UNICEF is funding this anti-adoption vote? They believe that these children should be raised in their country with their own culture. BUT - there's nothing for many of these kids over there! Hopefully it will be pushed back again, or soundly defeated.
We will pray!!
Thanks Lisa!
I had no idea, Michelle. That blows me away, although this isn't the first time I've heard a less than favorable things about UNICEF. As you know, RR hopes to eventually work themselves out of a job. But until then, our special kids need outta there!
Post a Comment