We have been so blessed to have so many people praying for us throughout this journey. Thank you!!! Today, I have 3 prayer requests.
1. We received word last week from Reece's Rainbow about our country in EE about an upcoming vote about a moratorium (break or stopping) of adoptions. This vote is supposed to happen in a couple of weeks. I'll admit my first response was to panic. The leadership of RR is not able to speculate on what might happen with this vote. But, some of the "old-timers" that have adopted more than once from this country tell us that this issue comes up once or twice a year and hasn't passed. So, I just ask that you pray about this issue that it doesn't even get up for a vote and if it does, that is defeated mightily. Also, please pray for the orphans of this country. Their lives are the ones in limbo.
2. Also last week, one of the adoptive moms from RR received word that their sweet little girl, Lyla, is in the hospital and is not doing well! :-( She hasn't gotten an update yet and is not sure she is still even alive at this point. Please pray for Summer and her family as they rest in HIS arms while they wait for news. I can't imagine what they are going through!
3. The two preceding prayer requests put this request in perspective for me. Yes, we want Elijah home as soon as possible, and I've found it has become very easy to get wrapped up in the whole process and become a bit "self-centered" with my prayer requests. But, I still need to ask for you to please pray for another piece of this journey. I hope you'll "indulge" me yet again. As I posted below, our fingerprint appts aren't until scheduled until October 4th. When I went on the website to find a phone number for the USCIS office (which doesn't exist), I found out I can make an "Info Pass" appointment in order to talk to someone at the office. So, I scheduled it for this Tuesday afternoon, Sept. 14th, at 2:45PM Central Time. Please pray that God works in the heart of the person we will be talking to and that this person is favorable to allowing us to get our fingerprints done TOMORROW!!! By getting them done tomorrow, it could potentially save us several weeks of time on the I-171H approval. Oh, Lord, please give me peace too.
Thanks so much for seeking the Father on our behalf, as well as on behalf of Summer and Lyla, and for the gov't in Elijah's country to a continue adoptions. I really, really appreciate it!
"Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results." James 5:16 NLT
(I love it! I knew I wanted to put this verse at the bottom of this post, but I had to search for it. And guess what the VERY next verses say... "Elijah was as human as we are, and yet when he prayed earnestly that no rain would fall, none fell for three and a half years! Then, when he prayed again, the sky sent down rain and the earth began to yield its crops." James 5:17-18 NLT Wow! A reference to Elijah RIGHT next to the verse I wanted. :-) God never ceases to amaze me! It also makes me wonder about what kind of prayer warrior our little Elijah will grow into. Oh, I can hardly wait! Thank you Lord for your Word and your promises.)
2 comments:
We wll be praying for you and your requests!
We mailed our I6oo in on August 30, we were fingerprinted this past Wednesday, I called Friday and we don't have an officer assigned yet either. I am right there with you trying to trust, but trying to do everything humanly possible to make sure it gets done.
Post a Comment