My 12 year old blogging daughter tells me my blog is boring because there are very few photos on my posts. Hmmm...I suppose she's right. I'll have to admit though I'm pretty hard up for photos right now to post, but I did find one. (Maybe I'll post some photos of the other kiddos sometime soon.) Don't worry, once we get over to EE, there will be LOTS!
Many of the RR bloggers take photos of their completely apostilled dossier spread out on their table. All those shiny gold stars! :-) Can't wait!!! Well, in the middle of August, we sent our first apostilled papers over to EE. These documents let our facilitators know which child we are coming for and also give them power of attorney to act on our behalf. So, I took a photo of my little pile of documents. Aren't they pretty? Yes, I know, so very exciting...ho hum...they're exciting to me though. LOL
Now, back to the title of this post. Back when I posted about our medical reports being done, I mentioned how God had placed our pastor's wife as the nurse for our new doctor. She went above and beyond to help us get the forms right. Well, God has blessed us tremendously again! In our small town, there is only about one place you can get a color copy made and only about one place you can send things via FedEx. (No "Brown" store here, so the FedEx vs. UPS decision was easy. FedEx rocks! It only took our package 4 days to arrive in EE via International Economy.) A new, dear friend from church works at this most wonderful print shop that is also a FedEx "distributor". I've known her for a few years when I've gotten color fliers made and our Christmas letters printed. (In fact, one year I forgot to go pick up my Christmas letters on a Friday afternoon, and she called me to ask if I wanted them for the weekend to mail them out. Yes, I did - it was like Dec. 22nd - and she volunteered to bring them home to her house because the shop was closed, so I could pick them up there! Now, talk about customer service!)
Anyway, I've gotten to know her better over the past few months when we started attending her church. So, when I went in to get the forms sent over to EE, she would NOT let me pay for the shipping! She said that was going to be her contribution to our adoption. That's huge! It's not cheap shipping overseas. Have you ever started crying in your FedEx store??? No? Well, I have! :-) Pat and I are completely humbled by this very Christ-like act of generosity. And when I stopped by to send our I-600A overnight down to TX ...Same thing...more tears. We are truly, truly blessed. She shared how this means so much to her mommy's heart. You see...she has a child with Down Syndrome too. Isn't God just so good?
.jpg)
1 comment:
Wow - what your friend did for you is a blessing! We have spent a bunch of money just shipping stuff. And your docs do look pretty :) Mine were just all plain white with a big gold sticker. Still looked good to me though.. haha :D
Post a Comment