Well, I wish I had some news to share, but I don't. I've called 3x this week to ask if we have an officer assigned yet to process our I-600A application, but I don't. (Remember we need our I-600A application approval as the last piece of our dossier to send over to EE before they close at the end of Nov.) They aren't giving any estimates on when we will get an officer assigned, but she told me today they are working as fast as they can. Everyone I've talked to has been very nice, but still can't tell me anything...just that we are "in queue". So, we pray and we wait and pray some more...(She did know that I've called before though. :-) I'm going for that "squeaky wheel gets the grease" thing!)
I'm so very thankful that a very nice lady that works with Congressman Petri's office has also called on our behalf. They told her the same thing. Imagine that!?! :-)
Our fingerprint appt is October 4th in Milwaukee. I asked today if I could be issued an earlier one and they can't do that. She didn't think it would help anyway. She said I could try going to the office itself and ask to be printed early. Been there - done that. :-) She said it was good for her to know that Milw does not allow early fingerprints. Hopefully, that little tidbit of info will save another family an extra trip there.
1 comment:
I'm sorry you're still waiting. =(
Post a Comment