Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fingerprints are a no-go in Milwaukee

Yep. It didn't work out as I had hoped. The lady we talked to at the Dept of Homeland Security was very sweet and nice. After we explained our situation, she felt bad she could do nothing for us. But their policy is to not allow any early fingerprint appointments. They weren't busy, it just isn't done. Fair enough. I understand. We had to try though, otherwise I would have always wondered. I knew it was a long shot. The only way we can get in earlier is if we contact USCIS and have them issue a new, earlier date. I'm not sure how that will work, but I will try tomorrow! I'm going to keep fighting to bring Elijah home - the sooner the better.

A big thank you to my mother-in-law who rearranged several appointments to ride down with us to sit with the kids in the van while we went into our appointment. I guess the bright side of the day is that I got a chance to show the kids where I lived for 4 years of my life! The office is just a block away from the dorms and apartment that I lived in while I attended college. :-) They were a little overwhelmed with the busyness of the city and campus. A far cry from our quiet 5 acres in the country! (I was a little overwhelmed when I started school there too after growing up on a farm near a small town...)

ANYWAY...that's the update for tonight. God is Good! God's ways are the best! God is sovereign!

P.S. Pat is getting very excited to run his marathon on Sunday. See the details here.

1 comment:

cathy D. said...

sorry to hear they couldn't help :(