Happy Father's Day to my wonderful dad and to my awesome husband! I'm so incredibly blessed to have both of you in my life. Dad, thanks for giving up your wife for a week so she can come and watch my kids. :-) And thanks for hangin' with the girls the past 2 weeks! And Pat, thanks for being such a great father to our almost 7 children! But most importantly, thank you for being a man after God's own heart.
It was pretty warm today and not a single cloud in the sky, but we had two wonderful visits with Jonathan today. Over the weekends, I think he has a slightly different schedule as he is always ready to go when we get there. Often during the week, we need to wait for him to finish eating. This morning, he actually stayed awake until the very end when we put him back in the stroller. He almost instantly falls asleep when we walk with him. But before that, we were sitting on a bench with him and got him to giggle again. That seems to be our goal of each visit. During our afternoon visit, he was very alert and playing a lot. We were having so much fun, I forgot to take some good photos. Jonathan loved the Ergo again and spent most of the time looking up at me and copying a couple of sounds I was making. Fun!
 |
| This might be my new favorite picture! |
Since yesterday I gave you a little tour of our neighborhood, I thought I would give you a little tour of the orphanage grounds today. (Debbie H, if you want these in higher resolution for our boys, just let me know. I think the outside looked a little different when Jeff was here in December. :-))
 |
| The front door is on the right. |
 |
| The walk to the green front door |
 |
| These overhangs would be much more useful with benches in them I think. |
 |
| Along the front gate |
 |
| Some play equipment, but there isn't too much. No swings at all that we could see. |
 |
| The front gate looking in |
 |
| A brick wall along the other half of the front |
Unlike Elijah's orphanage that was right on the edge of town and surrounded by pine trees, this orphanage is surrounded by apartment buildings. (By the way, I counted about 20 large apt buildings that we walk past next to the road. If I counted all that I could see, it would be at least double that.) In fact, many people cut through the orphanage grounds as a short cut. I thought that was kinda weird, but whatever. Isn't the first weird thing I've seen here. These grounds are about 1/4 to 1/3 the size of Elijah's orphanage grounds (who those of you that have been there :-)).
I think this orphanage was built in the 40's. There is a bulletin board on one of the hallways that has photos throughout the years from 1943 to current. And guess what?!? The tree trunks were whitewashed back in the 40s too! :-)
Ok, I suppose I should make some supper for my man on Father's Day! Just 10 more visits until court! (And 20 more miles...not that I'm counting or anything.) Have a great rest of the day!
2 comments:
I agree, favorite pic yet! I could just squeeze him all day! So cute! We better get to at least see him before we head home LOL
What a great picture! So so sweet! Thanks for sharing. I am following your adventure and counting down with you, Jill!
Rachelle (adopting Gideon/Eddie from 54)
Post a Comment