Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Visit from a Good Friend!

Lots of things to catch up on here! Yesterday came and went w/ no phone call from the judge. Vanya said it's not uncommon for them to forget to call. Sigh...he called the social worker today, who in turn spoke to the judge's assistant. We're still on the calendar, so that's GREAT news!!! The social worker, who has been wonderful to work with, has to be at court too, so at this point, no news IS good news. That's not always the case, but today it is. So, we should have court Saturday morning at 9:30AM, 1:30AM back home. Please pray!!! We'll take a bus/taxi to the bigger city in this region, then fly to the capital, and fly home Sunday AM. YAY!!!  Please continue to pray for the kids back home and for my mother's sanity! :-) We are SOOO appreciative of what she is doing for us! We couldn't do it without you! Thank you, Mom!

J's hat yesterday morning. Lovely lace with a pink ribbon on top. :-)
We missed our afternoon visit as it was raining when we got downstairs, so we headed back up. I was surprised how much I missed seeing our cute munchkin. It will be hard being gone for those 10 days! Good to see the other kids of course!

A few days ago, we called our friend Max, to tell him we were in the country. We were shocked when he said he was going to get a bus ticket to come and see us. I never dreamed we would see him on this trip. He got in before 8AM this morning after being on the bus for 11 hours. Whatta guy, huh? We are so incredibly blessed he would take time out of his very busy schedule to come and see us and Jonathan. It was SO nice to see him!  We were able to chat with the nannies a bit through him, as well as ask to come in early to see how and what Jonathan ate. (We were going to have Vanya ask, but it worked out just to have Max do it.) Max left about 1:30 to head back home. It was such a joy to have him here with us, even if it was just for a few hours.


He's gotta learn early how to use the cell phone, right???


Love those baby blues!
So, we went in early at 2pm to see how Jonathan eats.  Well, not so good. :-( The first day, the doc told us that he didn't like to eat, even though he certainly looks like he does.  Leah left a comment that very often tongue thrust is mistaken for lack of interest in eating. I think that is pretty true. That along with the amount he was fed in one spoonful...definitely more came out than stayed in. He needs to learn how to get the food to the back of his mouth to swallow it. He went through 3 bibs. Poor thing...I guess I'll leave it at that for now.

He did have a smile for the nanny feeding him.

You can see the amount of cereal he was being fed. Looks like a lot to me. Max said they are feeding him barely and/or buckwheat cereal and that it tastes disgusting...
It took Jonathan 30 minutes to eat. The other 2 nannies fed all of the other 8 babies in that time. They seem to love him, but I can see where he might soon be one of those babies that are "too much trouble", esp if he was transferred to a different grouppa. :-(
He didn't get a bottle this time, but does get a bottle at different feedings. They had him drink out of a cup, as did most of the babies except two.

From our afternoon visit...he really enjoys chewing on things, especially the tag blanket.

5 comments:

Ashley Gibson said...

Why am I not surprised that Max would drop everything to come visit?! Love it. And I LOOOVE the last photo of Max & Jonathan....perfect!

Julia said...

I love his hats. I hope you can trade for one. You need to keep one for his keepsake box. We traded a new hat to get one of Aaron's!!

orphans4me said...

Oh my goodness, his eyes are stunning! I hope court goes very well on Saturday (I didn't know they did court on Saturdays!!)
Joy,RR

Rochelle said...

Praying for court tomorrow morning for you. Hope it is as quick as ours =)! Also, praying for your travels and your mama's heart, hard to be in 2 places at once. Enjoy time with the big kids and can't wait to meet you in Kiev on the way out of here!

Stephanie @ Ralphcrew said...

Jonathan is so beautiful! Happy you could visit with Max. I'll have to catch him another time. :) What a great friend he is to you and the children of Ukraine.