Friday, June 24, 2011

Our last day visiting Jonathan...

Yep, I said a tearful good-bye to our little guy that I've grown to love over the past 2 weeks. But, I take comfort that I will soon be holding my other kids and the next time I see him will be for "GOTCHA DAY"!  Yay! 

Lord, please sustain him and keep him safe until I return. Help him to find favor with the nannies and that he once and a while will be held instead of always laying in the wooden playpen. Speak to his heart that we love him and will be back soon. In Jesus name.

A quick review of our schedule - Lord willing:
Sat., June 25th - Court! (on a Sat. due to holidays next week)
Sun., June 26th - HOME about 7pm
Mon., July 4th - Jill leaves to go back to EE
Wed., July 6th - Paperchase and "Gotcha Day" - Jonathan to NEVER return to the orphanage! :-)
Thurs/Fri, July 7th/8th - Embassy paperwork
Sat., July 9th - HOME and together as a family of NINE!

I took lots of photos today. He was sporting 2 new hats too!



A lovely white eyelet hat, trimmed with a soft yellow fabric, complete with a yellow bow and a pink ribbon  flower on top. :-)

"Who needs toys? The camera strap is just fine for me!"

Inside looking out

Afternoon hat!
It was red, white and blue! Max told the nannies yesterday that we'll be going home after court, so thus the "American" hat today. Very sweet. His outfit even matched!!!! :-) (Well, it didn't match the hat, but hey...)

Jonathan did SO well this afternoon. He sat in Pat's lap like this for almost a half an hour looking at the book and chewing on things. I don't think the babies get a chance to chew on things very often. (Well, I did see one little one "chew" on a little girl's arm yesterday. :-( )  He seems like he is getting stronger and is controlling his head much better. Just a little practice sitting up everyday does wonders. Oh, and a little love too.

"See, I told you I don't need toys!"


4 comments:

Sarah said...

Maybe you don't need them little man, but that camera strap is your big sissy's! :) I'll forgive you and let you chew on it though.. :)

Lydia said...

Oh my goodness, Jill!! He looks like a different boy sitting on his daddy's lap. So sweet! Safe travels home, I'll be thinking about you guys!

summer said...

Oh Jill - he has changed so much already!! It is just so amazing!!! He is soooooo BEAUTIFUL!!!! We will be PRAYING for all of YOU!!!!! Have I mentioned how much I just LOVE you ALL!!!!!! Well, I do!!!!

Rochelle said...

Praying for you as you are starting court right about this minute! ♥
Ok what kind of passport deal with Vanya swinging you have your 2nd trip so short?
Enjoy those sweet kids at home, praying for your safe travels home and back!