Saturday, October 29, 2011

Flashbacks and Regression - UPDATE!



A couple of weeks ago, I posted THIS about Elijah's behavior during our home school group when he was in the nursery with me. It was NOT good. Elijah's birth mother is reading my blog now. (How fun is that??? :-) Hi Tanya!) She was just as upset about his behavior as I was.

But, I am VERY HAPPY to report that yesterday, in the same nursery with the same kids, he did GREAT!!! I prayed over him the night before, which I know helped tremendously. I also brought our little portable DVD player and played Baby Signing Time DVDs. I know that helped too to have something familiar. I still watched him like a hawk, and I don't remember a single time he was aggressive towards any of the other kids. Praise God!!!

Thanks for letting me share!

********************************************

Ds Tidbit: This one is new to me. I learned this from the "After the Rainbow" yahoo group the other day. I thought it was just the way Elijah was and didn't realize it was somewhat common to individuals w/ Ds. It's called Pectus Carinatum or "pigeon chest".  Basically, it is a deformity of the chest characterized by a protrusion of the sternum and ribs. If severe, it can cause medical issues. But our pediatrician did not think Elijah's would cause any problems at this point. It can worsen in the teenage years.

It is hardly even noticeable here.
When I first undressed and bathed Elijah, I had no idea what was causing it and was afraid he had an enlarged heart or something! :-) And it was MUCH more noticeable before when he was so thin. I never notice it now because of the weight he as gained, but also because it is just a tiny part of who he is. I LOVE THAT BOY!!! (I debated on whether or not to share this, but I thought it might relieve a future adoptive mom from freakin' out a little bit. :-))


2 comments:

Rochelle said...

How fun that his birth mom is reading your blog! YAHOO! We love emailing with Dariya's birthdad!
Love those two cuties.

Jaclyn M said...

Great job playing with no agression whoo hoo!! Also so exciting about Elijah's birth mom reading!! Fun stuff!!!