Thursday, October 20, 2011

Sarah's Hairbands for Logan


Ds TidbitChildren with Down syndrome do grow and develop differently than most other children and generally tend to be shorter and shorter extremities and fingers.. Therefore, Ds growth charts have been developed. They can be found HERE.

Speaking of growth charts, Jonathan had his 15 mo check up today. He continues to GROW! He now weighs in at 23# 13oz and is 31 1/4" long. He grew almost an inch and gained over 2 pounds in the last 2 months! No wonder my arm aches after holding him for a few minutes. :-) (It doesn't help that he doesn't "clamp on" with his legs, so I feel all 23# pounds of him.) So, on the Ds chart, he is over 90% on both height and weight now. Amazing! He is just a BIG boy! 


Many people have commented how much he's grown since he's been home. I didn't really believe them, but now I do. :-) Plus, I was looking at his Gotcha Day photos last night (I'll post them soon) and I can definitely see the difference.

Ds Blogshttp://ralphcrew.blogspot.com/  &  http://psalmsixtyeight.blogspot.com/ are both blogs by my friend, Stephanie. She adopted 2 boys w/ Ds from Elijah's orphanage a few months before we got there. I feel like Stephanie was like my "mentor". :-) She put a lot of time and energy in to help families coming to Simferopol after her. I'm SOO grateful she was willing to share all of the ins and outs of the region. And I can pretty accurately say she probably saved us hundreds of dollars in transportation costs by telling us how to ride the bus for $2/day instead of paying a driver $30/day. But really, all of that is minor compared to the transformation her boys have undergone since being home. Plus, Stephanie was so burdened for the children left behind at the orphanage that she, along with two other adoptive moms, started an ministry called "Project TLC". They are "dedicated to improving the life of disadvantaged children in Crimean communities and orphanages, serving their spiritual and physical needs with the love of Christ".


************************************
If any of you are following my daughter Sarah's blog, you know that she LOVES a little boy very, very, very, very much. :-)  She recently started a fundraiser called "Love for Little Logan" to help his family with their initial adoption expenses. She has made hairbands to sell and a friend has donated hair bows to help the family. Please click on over and check it out! http://matthew18vs14.blogspot.com/p/love-for-logan-fundraiser.html Yes, that is Logan you see plastered all over the background on her blog. :-) Some of those photos she took herself last summer! While you are there, feel free to grab her button too. She works tirelessly to help adopting families and those precious ones that are still waiting. I'm so very proud of her!

Lots of  Hairbands to Sell for Logan!


2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Ok I was all excited to post Alayna's stats from her appt yesterday until I saw J's. I think he is as big as her! LOL Not really but he is close!

Unknown said...

loving your sarah and her heart xxxx