Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Our "Spectacle for Jesus" Stroller :-)


Ds fact:  The "sandal gap" is often found in people with Down syndrome, but not exclusively. A sandal gap is extra space between the big toe and the second toe. Neither one of my boys have one, but Ruby has a super CUTE one. Check it out HERE.



Ds blog: http://livinonlove-lifewithextratolove.blogspot.com/  I posted a photo yesterday of Ruthann's 2 beautiful boys from the walk. I first met Ruthann at a Mom's Nite Out thru our local Ds support group over a year ago. (They let me come even though I hadn't adopted yet. Wasn't that nice? :-) ) Anyway, she moved a bit further away, so I don't get to see her as often anymore. :-( But she is a very special lady! I mentioned that she and her husband recently adopted from the orphanage Sarah visited last summer. But, their other son w/ Ds was adopted domestically at birth. Isn't that cool? Please stop by and say hi!

*************************************
Ok, some more about our "spectacle" stroller. I've decided I need to remember that the Lord called us on this journey and that I will gladly be a "spectacle for Jesus". In other words, I want to give God all the glory for our family and how He made it. :-)

So, our new family game is to count how many comments we get on any given outing. LOL At Day on the Farm it was 11. The day of the Walk, we stopped by the farmer's market first. Total for the day: we stopped counting after 20. Little Farmer: 12.  Most of the comments are along the lines of, "Wow, I've never seen a stroller like that." "I need stroller like that." "Where did you get that?"  "Wow, mom, that's quite a load" - usually by a man. :-) Anyway, it makes for a fun game!

The stroller is Valco Tri-mode Twin with the Joey seat purchased separately. I LOVE IT!!! Valco is fairly new to the US and is based in Australia I believe. The stroller is wonderfully made and VERY easy to push, even with 70+ pounds of kid in it. The tires are inflatable and an air pump is included. The seats can recline completely flat, so that is wonderful for when Jonathan needs to nap. The buckle on the strap is almost impossible for any child (or Grandma!) to undo. :-) The seats are each rated for 45# each I believe.

Two downsides to the stroller: It is a bit heavy and to get in and out of the back of the van, but worth it to me. Secondly, the storage basket underneath is very roomy, but because of the metal bar down the middle, it is very hard to get a diaper bag in it. We just strap the diaper bag over the handle.

J is lovin' it!

Rachel in her "Princess Seat"!  She gets VERY upset when one of her brothers sits there instead. I've had J sit there on picnics so I can feed him. She fusses at me. :-)

The front wheels have a "tri-mode" function by simply turning the knobs on top of the wheels.
1. Swivel 360 deg
2. Swivel 45 deg
3. Lock straight so it can be used as a jogging stroller (Ha! Doubtful I'll ever use it like that, but maybe Pat will!)

Rebekah just wanted to be in the photo. She's not in the stroller.  However, there is a "hitch-hiker" that can be purchased to add to the back of the stroller for a 4th child to stand and ride. Wow!

Love those boys!!! :-)

2 comments:

Jaclyn M said...

Love the stroller :)

Rochelle said...

Love the stroller and all the kids in it! Keep strollin for Jesus my friend.