Even though my day isn't over, I thought I would get this post up during my afternoon "break". If anything earth shattering happens tonight, I'll be sure to post about it. I had a very nice visit with Elijah today. I haven't been allowed to stay and play with the boys since Sat. night, but I will cherish that time I did have. Yesterday morning, and again this morning, Elijah and I had a very special time together. We did the usual playtime, but then he let me hold him with his head on my shoulder or chest and just walk around, swaying a bit while I sang "Jesus Loves Me" to him. It was just very sweet for this mother's heart that misses her other children very much. It was a wonderful, precious time together.
Oh, and I have a sign for "Elijah". The couple I went out to eat with last night are "fluent" in sign language. (I know that's not the right way to say that, but bear with me.) So, I asked her about it and one of her ideas was better than mine. Yay! I'll start teaching him tonight. I forgot this morning.
Ok, on to pictures. This boy just keeps getting cuter and cuter!
 |
First decent photo of us 2 together. :-) I regret not getting a good one of the 3 of us before Pat went home.
(Sarah, I loaded this one in full resolution, so please get this one printed with the ones I send you.) |
 |
| It's hard to tell, but he is tapping the dolls with the toy alligator - the one he used last night to play the xylophone. It's a multi-purpose alligator! |
 |
| A very talented little boy! :-) |
 |
| He's not doing it in this picture, but shortly before this, he had his foot on TOP of the railing! I wish I could stretch like that! But I'm not sure that means for keeping him in the crib...we'll see... |
 |
| A HUGE statue of Lenin - He looks right down my street. |
 |
| A HUGE Christmas tree right in front of Lenin. It's a metal frame with branches secured to it. Today, it looked like they were putting up lights. Can't wait to see it! |
And I'll leave you with two cute videos of his giggle.
He was walking back and forth and would giggle when he got to the end! :-)
Don't worry, no children were harmed in the making of this video! And yes, he is laughing, not crying.
3 comments:
so so sweet!! praying the rest of your time goes quickly!! before you know it you will ALL be home!
Oh Jill!! Timothy does that... he'll lay on the floor and just ROLL with laughter!! I think it's because they weren't allowed to be on the floor like that at the orphanage!! LOL!! He's so precious!
Jill, he looks AMAZING! What a great little guy! I can't wait to meet him!
Hang in there -- the time will pass and pretty soon you'll be home thinking, "That wasn's so bad! I could do that again!" (and I'm sure Pat will shake his head at you, like Brian does to me...."
Post a Comment