Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Days of Elijah Day 13

Can it possibly be 13 days since we've been visiting sweet Elijah??? I guess so. That's what the calendar tells me.  Ok, on to today's visit.

I'll admit, today wasn't my favorite visit of all-time. The "grumpy" nanny was there. She's not mean really, just grumpy. She's probably in her early-mid 30s and just never has a smile for us or anyone. When I got there, I peeked my head in the main grouppa room, and saw her sitting at the desk, but no kids. She didn't see me, so I went to the playroom. One of the "nice" nannies that is there most of the time (Pat, one with short brown hair) was going to let me stay and play. It was cute to see all the boys with their hats on inside. :-)

Elijah didn't even have a hug for me, he was looking for Papa and went for the door. But then he stopped by my bag, which has all the toys in, and started digging. LOL Then grumpy lady comes in and tells me I need to put a mask on. All of the nannies have white masks to help prevent the spread of illness.  Good idea in theory. But most of them never have them over their face, and they are made from white gauze fabric. Probably not going to stop much from passing through...anyway, I digress. I tried to explain to her that I didn't have one. Marina had said we may have to go and buy one. Really, not a big deal. I tried to ask her if I should go buy one now or later. She had no idea what I was trying to explain. I even gave her my little Russian-English dictionary, but it's very small and didn't have what she wanted to say. She finally gave up and huffed out. She came back with a disposable one. Great! I'm happy to wear it. Sigh...she could have just given to me in the first place. 

And then she directs us to the waiting area outside a nearby grouppa room. It is really hard to keep Elijah entertained there as people are walking through all the time and there is a long hallway he loves to run down. We did take a walk down it once and no one scolded us, so that was good.

With about 5 minutes left in our visit, he started blowing me kisses. LOL He was done, and I was too. That's fine. I brought him back to the playroom, so he could play a bit more before lunch.

I just want to clarify that almost all of the nannies in Elijah's grouppa have been very nice to us. I have seen most of them hugging and loving on most of the boys, which from what I hear, is pretty unusual. I am VERY thankful to them for showing Elijah this type of affection, as I know that has really helped his ability to accept it from us. He is still pushing on my chin, but now it just when I tell him "nyet" (no) and stop him from doing something that he wants to do. (Today it was taking all the toys out of my bag and throwing them on the floor.) So, anyway, we are thankful for the love he has received from most of the nannies.

I did manage a few photos, although not very good ones.


"There's that goofy bright light in my face again!"

He's not too sure about his linky necklace...he took it off as quick as he could. :-)

Stephanie, this one is for you. I don't know how to pronounce this word, but I could decode the first half enough to figure out who's office it is.  I've seen the lady that asked for the updated photos go in and out of here. Is that who you thought it was? Lmk.

Ok, sorry for the downer attitude in this post. Guess I'm in a little bit of a funk this morning. But on the way home, I stopped at the market before getting on the bus. This market is HUGE. It has some fresh produce, but it has 2 aisles about 2 blocks long of little tiny shops that sell everything from baked goods, candy, clothes, and automotive parts and everything in between. (It's open-air, but it's covered.) (Oh, Pat, I found some electrical tape too.)  I stopped at a shop selling Christmas decorations, so I got some garland and a set of lights. (I'll donate the lights to Elijah's grouppa when I leave, as obviously they won't work at home.) But they are ones that you can turn the little knob and change how fast they blink or "run". I LOVE those kind! Pat doesn't like blinking lights, so I'll get to have them blinking here all I want. :-) So, anyway, putting up a few Christmas decorations should help! I'd venture to guess a little prayer time w/ my Lord would help too. You would think I would learn these things...sigh...someday...

1 comment:

Rebekah said...

We're with you too, Jill. You are not alone.