Hi! This is Sarah and I am doing a guest post on my mom's blog (though I don't think she knows yet...)! I am going to be Elijah's older sister and I'm very excited about that! :) I am going to tell you a little about myself (if you don't mind). I am 12 years old and I love to crochet. I have a heart for orphans and someday I want to be a missionary to wherever God calls me. I am following over 50 adoption blogs (including this one), and I love reading them! I also have several of my own blogs. I have been crocheting for almost 2 years, and I started my own business last year selling crocheted and sewn items called For His Glory Handiwork. When I went on my mission trip this summer to Eastern Europe,I made a blog to post about our trip for friends and family back home to follow along. If you would like either of the addresses for these blogs, please email my mom.
When we started this adoption process, I wanted to help raise funds so I decided to make a 3rd blog. On this blog I was going to sell my crocheted and sewn items to bring Elijah home. So I started "Handiwork for Elijah". My mom posted about that here. When we found out we were fully funded to bring Elijah home, I decided to change my blog to "Handiwork for Tori". If you've have been reading my mom's blog for over 2 weeks, (which I assume you have, if not go back and read) you have heard all about Tori. About how she was in Elijah's orphange but was transferred to an institution, about how many were advocating to get her a full grant, about how someone donated enough for her full grant, and how she found a family! I had changed my blog to "Handiwork for Tori" and within 48 hours, I found out she had a full grant! So I had to change my blog again. After debating for awhile with myself about if I should change it to Noah or Anastasiya, both from Elijah's orphange, I decided on Anastasiya. So I changed my blog a 3rd time, this time to "Handiwork for Anastasiya". If you are on my mom's blog when you read this, you will see my button in the top of the left side-bar that says Handiwork for Anastasiya. You can click on that button to go to my blog, or click here to visit Handiwork for Anastasiya. Please be a part of finding sweet Anastasiya a family!!
When my blog was still "Handiwork for Elijah", Genesis left me a comment. Since then we have been emailing each other. Her family is getting ready to commit to a child on RR. You can follow along on their adoption journey here on Genesis's adoption blog. After I decicded to change my blog to Anastasiya, but hadn't changed it yet, Genesis emailed me asking if I would help her advocate and raise money for Anastasiya, even before she knew I was going to change it! So Genesis started Saving Anastasiya, and invited me to be a contributor of it. Please visit our blog and follow along helping us find Anastasiya a family!
Since I am the one who is always telling my mom that her post are boring without pictures, I am going to leave you with some pictures and information about Anastasiaya.
:) Thanks for reading and I hope you will follow along on our journey to find Princess Anastasiya a home!!!
Girl, Born September 8, 2007
SIGNIFICANT RISK, PLEASE ADOPT ME SOON!!
Anastasiya is a darling little girl with brown hair and brown eyes. She is stuck in a crib for most of her life, and needs a family to get her OUT! Anastasiya does have an ASD (atrial septal defect) and an oval window that will need attention when she gets home. She needs to have surgery as soon as possible to correct this! She does has strabismus as well.
She is undernourished, and will blossom like a rose once home with her family.
Regrettably, this orphanage is one of the poorer ones, with very little outside aid and very little hope. All of the children are tiny and undernourished. These children are immediately transferred at 4, and have little chance of survival where they are sent. All of our waiting children need families, but these have a critical need. Please consider one of these children soon!!
I have $2135.5 in my grant fund towards the cost of my adoption!!
She can be found on Reece's Rainbow here.
And you will be hearing more from me on this blog while my parents are traveling! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment