Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursdays are GREAT days for families in Reece’s Rainbow! Families’ dossiers are always submitted to the SDA on Thursdays, so it is always exciting to see who was submitted. Today, sweet Isabelle’s family was submitted!!! WOOHOO!!! If you remember, Isabelle’s family found her after their first sweet baby, Lyla, was not able to be adopted at this time due to her fragile health. Summer and her husband will be joining us over in EE while they adopt precious Isabelle from the same orphanage that Elijah is in. I’m really looking forward to meeting them and hangin’ out! :-) (Before I got this posted, I read on Summer's blog that there is an issue with their dossier. Please pray it is quickly resolved.)


We had a fun day here too! We booked our flights for Saturday, Nov. 27th!!!!!!!!! SO, SO EXCITING!!! Just seeing our names on the itinerary makes this all a bit more real. It made me tear up a bit…no surprise there, is there? And the extra blessing is that the flights for both Pat and I are less than $1000! Ok, so they are just one-way tickets, but still, that is a great price. We used Golden Rule travel agency, which comes highly recommended by Reece’s Rainbow. It’s a Christian company that specializes in humanitarian, mission, and adoption fares. Check them out if you are in need of flights for those reasons. We went with the one-way tickets because it would save us more money than buying round-trip and having to change the flights once we know for sure when we will be leaving. I think it differs by areas and the time of year. Since we will most likely be changing flights around the holidays, it was less expensive this way.

Today, I also had a chance to talk with our pediatrician that we will be using once Elijah comes home. She only allows new patients under certain circumstances, but will accept Elijah as a new patient. She has several patients with Down Syndrome already, so she is very familiar with what he will need for medical care/tests. She is super nice. And guess what?!? Not only has she done medical mission trips to EE orphanages, BUT she has adopted 3 children of her own from Elijah’s country!!! So, she is very familiar with what he will need for post-orphanage care too. Isn’t God just the BEST!?!?!?

3 comments:

summer said...

Jill - Thank you so much for the prayer request. We NEED it!!!! I so hope we will be able to meet you!!!! And you sweet precious little Elijah!!!

Sue from Woodville said...

Such wonderful news!! Excited for you.

Teacher Girl said...

Lots of awesome news! Yay!!

Kayla
http://bebrandnew.blogspot.com